ADVERTISEMENT

Pathetic 2015 non-conference schedule

Jun 19, 2015
Jesus, what an embarrassment.

HOME NON-CONFERENCE GAMES

Sat. Nov. 14 - Mississippi Valley State (RPI 345)
Thu. Nov. 19 - Delaware State (213)
Sun. Nov. 22 - Southeastern Louisiana (331)
Tue. Nov. 24 - Arkansas-Pine Bluff (298)
Tue. Dec. 1 - Miami (48)
Sat. Dec. 5 - Abilene Christian (324)
Sun. Dec. 13 - Rhode Island (61)
Sun. Dec. 20 - Samford (306)
Tue. Dec. 22 - Prairie View A&M (261)

AWAY NON-CONFERENCE GAMES

Tue. Nov. 17 at Villanova (6)
Fri. Nov. 27 at Barclays Classic (Brooklyn)
Sat. Nov. 28 at Barclays Classic (Brooklyn)
Cincinnati (36) or George Washington (80) or Tennessee (102)​
Wed. Dec. 9 at Creighton (157)

but, its exactly what a team with 5 freshmen and a transfer needs. I'm not arguing that its a great bunch of home games for the fans to watch. its not at all. but with the games we have on the road, and the BIG conference schedule, realistically you cant add a bunch of tough home games on top of it. not this year. not with our youth. you just cant send them into conference play deflated from getting beat around in the nonconference. SE Louis. and Ark. PB are part of the Barclays Classic also. This will allow plenty of tests mixed with a lot of playing time for development. I think this is a case of the home schedule strength being the exception and not the rule in the future. jmo

but, its exactly what a team with 5 freshmen and a transfer needs. I'm not arguing that its a great bunch of home games for the fans to watch. its not at all. but with the games we have on the road, and the BIG conference schedule, realistically you cant add a bunch of tough home games on top of it. not this year. not with our youth. you just cant send them into conference play deflated from getting beat around in the nonconference. SE Louis. and Ark. PB are part of the Barclays Classic also. This will allow plenty of tests mixed with a lot of playing time for development. I think this is a case of the home schedule strength being the exception and not the rule in the future. jmo

I agree. Lets win the games and worry about making the NIT

But then you hit the Big 10 and the schedule gets as difficult as anyone in the nation.

I see 6 losses in the non con, maybe beat RI at home but there's a few autolosses I see with at nova, the Barclay's games and at Creighton. Looking like a rough year again.

I see 6 losses in the non con, maybe beat RI at home but there's a few autolosses I see with at nova, the Barclay's games and at Creighton. Looking like a rough year again.
Creighton is picked 9th in the Little East, you Jaysker

Reactions: golfman1105
that's about where they finished last year. didn't stop them from winning in lincoln.

Jesus, what an embarrassment.

HOME NON-CONFERENCE GAMES

Sat. Nov. 14 - Mississippi Valley State (RPI 345)
Thu. Nov. 19 - Delaware State (213)
Sun. Nov. 22 - Southeastern Louisiana (331)
Tue. Nov. 24 - Arkansas-Pine Bluff (298)
Tue. Dec. 1 - Miami (48)
Sat. Dec. 5 - Abilene Christian (324)
Sun. Dec. 13 - Rhode Island (61)
Sun. Dec. 20 - Samford (306)
Tue. Dec. 22 - Prairie View A&M (261)

AWAY NON-CONFERENCE GAMES

Tue. Nov. 17 at Villanova (6)
Fri. Nov. 27 at Barclays Classic (Brooklyn)
Sat. Nov. 28 at Barclays Classic (Brooklyn)
Cincinnati (36) or George Washington (80) or Tennessee (102)​
Wed. Dec. 9 at Creighton (157)

A Hawkeye jumping in here. McCaffery had a couple of years with a similar schedule that he realized, 1. cost an NCAA bid one year, and 2., didn't prepare the teams for the B1G seasons. He now schedules a very competitive non-conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT