ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USWNT Kit alert

VandallHuskerJulie

First Team All-Big Ten
Oct 13, 2001
Oregon/Nike conspiracy folks rejoice-

Fox Sports just announced that the USWNT will be wearing their white kits tomorrow.

Just wanted to give you advance notice. :p

JFC, it's called a "uniform" or "jersey" in this country.

If you can't say it right, go back to England.

What do you call those red things that the Huskers wear over their shoulder pads on gamedays?

You should probably let the rest of the country know that they've been saying it wrong for the last century.

Soccer is such a joke.

So...20+ million Americans tuned in to watch a comedy show on Sunday night? Those numbers are comparable to game 7 of the World Series.

Emphasis on Americans...if the US wasnt playing the numbers would have been miniscule ...that was as much about national pride as it was about the game they were playing...

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Emphasis on Americans...if the US wasnt playing the numbers would have been miniscule ...that was as much about national pride as it was about the game they were playing...

Like last years Argentina/ Germany final that drew around 17 million viewers? Not trying to say it's the most popular sport in America (though it is creeping more and more towards the mainstream.) But the previous posters post that it is a joke is well...just that.

Like last years Argentina/ Germany final that drew around 17 million viewers? Not trying to say it's the most popular sport in America (though it is creeping more and more towards the mainstream.) But the previous posters post that it is a joke is well...just that.

50% of that audience were primarily Spanish speaking.

The development of this thread reminds me why I don't come around here very much. Clearly, some of you like nothing better than to argue and throw in a racist jab.

I frankly don't care if you call them kit, jersey or uniform. Soccer or Futboll. Whether you personally like the sport or not.

It was an AMAZING game by an AMAZING group of American women, played in less than desirable (non grass) circumstances. It was watched by many people, both in person and on tv. My own sons were fortunate enough to attend the match. Or game. Whatever you want to call it. They wore their blue, white and red kits. Or jerseys. Or shirts. It was a great night to be a soccer fan. For some of us our love of the game will continue on with the UWMNT playing in the Gold Cup games. (Anyone in KC- I'll be there too!) Most of the women will return to their NWSL teams (go, Seattle Reign!) MLS games will also continue.

Sorry - sermon over. :p

Reactions: siegsker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT