ADVERTISEMENT

OT: REC-TEC or Yoder smoker

BetterRED10

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2012
What does the RSS scrolls think?

If no either of these, what would you recommend?

Sorry I dont know about barrel smokers what is the difference?

I was trying to look along the lines of a pellet smoker.

If you are not stuck on a pellet smoker, look at the Weber Smokey Mountain. So easy to control the temp and I have done some great bbq with it.

Both are good. You might also check out Blaz'n Grills. Built in Beatrice, nice heavy build, new controller works very well.

I have a side fire box smoker, a lot more work than pellet and electric, but love the end product.
20150502_163115.jpg

Reactions: KaptainQ
Bought a Rec Tec last summer to replace my old Traeger. Absolutely love it. Keeps temperature on point, can smoke low at 180 and gets up to 500. Bought the grill grates makes a nice addition for grilling.

If you are not stuck on a pellet smoker, look at the Weber Smokey Mountain. So easy to control the temp and I have done some great bbq with it.

I love Weber products, Have a weber Genisus grill and love it and also used to have a smokey mountain but I was looking for something a little different. I was mainly looking at pellet because I wanted to spend my time on meat prep, mopping, etc rather then always trying to control the temp. Also, I cook overnight a lot of times and I want to be able to have faith in the machine to control the temp.

ADVERTISEMENT