ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Our luck, go to Applebees after baseball and it's Karaoke Night

Gemini6

All-American
Sep 19, 2009
If you want to cut down on your caloric intake, go to Applebees in Omaha on Friday nights, Karaoke Night. Oh Joy.

My family had to endure some young kid trying to sing Metallica, a 30 year old guy singing Elton John, 3 chicks trying to sing some hip hop song, a guy who thought he was Nelly and of course, the old man who was a regular (according to our waitress), totally drunk off his a$$ and believing he was Frank Sinatra.

My two boys were almost ROTFL, but after 30 minutes of this, my husband and I had migraines and couldn't get out of there fast enough. I pity the Applebees staff who don't get paid enough to listen to this for 3 hours every Friday night.

Pretty certain my boxer/lab is a better singer than what we heard tonight.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I can sing.
How many loot do you get for winning Applebee karaoke?

I stopped going to Applebees years ago, and it wasn't due to Karaoke. I've been in their kitchens enough to see that you really don't want to eat there. Oh, and any buffet restaurant, ouch!

Originally posted by Bugeater:

I stopped going to Applebees years ago, and it wasn't due to Karaoke. I've been in their kitchens enough to see that you really don't want to eat there. Oh, and any buffet restaurant, ouch!
I would say you could say that for damn near every kitchen. It's why I don't go out to eat often.

So...did you choose a rendition of "Old Time Rock and Roll" or stick with the standard "Paradise by the Dashboard Light?"
wink.r191677.gif

I'm guilty of going there on occasion. Depending on the night, sometimes their rack of ribs is not bad, but overall the food is not real good. I've seen broccoli there that was freezer-burned worse than an arctic expedition, and steaks that looked like they were taken from an athletic mountain goat. Thank goodness for molars, otherwise I would have tapped-out after the first bite. There's some rugged flesh in those kitchens..

Originally posted by c2o:
I can sing.
How many loot do you get for winning Applebee karaoke?
Pretty sure they didn't get any loot c2o. Listening to them was pure torture. The so called singers should have paid us for having to sit there and endure them.
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Lincoln gopher:
There is problem number one, you went to an Applebee's in the first place!!!!!!!!!
well it's not my favorite place, but our boys had just finished a late baseball game (got over 9:30pm) they were starving and
wanted to go there.

We knew it was open later, not expensive and on our way home. When you're a parent, you often get stuck doing stuff for you kids you normally wouldn't just to keep your sanity. If you're a parent, I'm sure you understand. If you're not, you will when it's your time.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Hoosker Du:
So...did you choose a rendition of "Old Time Rock and Roll" or stick with the standard "Paradise by the Dashboard Light?"
wink.r191677.gif

I'm guilty of going there on occasion. Depending on the night, sometimes their rack of ribs is not bad, but overall the food is not real good. I've seen broccoli there that was freezer-burned worse than an arctic expedition, and steaks that looked like they were taken from an athletic mountain goat. Thank goodness for molars, otherwise I would have tapped-out after the first bite. There's some rugged flesh in those kitchens..
LOL. You couldn't pay me to sing in front anyone except my family.

I know the food isn't great, which is why I'm not a big fan of the place. My kids were starving after a late baseball game and they wanted to go there.

The ONLY thing I really like is their summer berry salad. It's actually fresh and tastes great. But i agree on the veggies being freezer burned. I've seen that at many places.

Originally posted by Gemini6:

Originally posted by Hoosker Du:
wink.r191677.gif

LOL. You couldn't pay me to sing in front anyone except my family.

I know the food isn't great, which is why I'm not a big fan of the place. My kids were starving after a late baseball game and they wanted to go there.

The ONLY thing I really like is their summer berry salad. It's actually fresh and tastes great. But i agree on the veggies being freezer burned. I've seen that at many places.
The Oriental Chicken Salad isn't bad either. I went with someone once where her miniature carrots were like rubber. Just awful. The broccoli wasn't much better.

There is problem number one, you went to an Applebee's in the first place!!!!!!!!!
well it's not my favorite place, but our boys had just finished a late baseball game (got over 9:30pm) they were starving and
wanted to go there.

We knew it was open later, not expensive and on our way home. When you're a parent, you often get stuck doing stuff for you kids you normally wouldn't just to keep your sanity. If you're a parent, I'm sure you understand. If you're not, you will when it's your time.
wink.r191677.gif
Been there and done that, that is why I was giving you a hard time.

wanted to go there.

cool.r191677.gif

Ah come on people. They have some decent food. Their appetizer platter is pretty good. Love the spinach dip. The Sparktessa & I have been there a lot, especially since I've won "On The Line " 7 times on Channels 10 & 11. Don't knock it. It's a $50 gift card. Go there for the late night appetizers. 1/2 price after 9 pm. It's quiet, there is hardly anyone there, grab a glass of wine, relax and watch baseball. Make wine when God gives you lemons.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I was wondering if I was the only one who liked the place. I go there religiously about once every other year, but the food was always good. I just prefer BBQ and that's where we normally end up, but I never understood the dislike for Applebee's, and the one in Oakview is always packed so I am always skeptical when so many claim it isn't any good. Kind of like Taylor Swift, everyone loves to make fun of her, but she banks about what? Hundred mil a year? Somebody has to like her besides me.

ADVERTISEMENT