ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chicago- another pit bull, another dead child

Status
Not open for further replies.
prayers for the family who lost their child. It is a terrible thing to lose a loved one, especially in a manner like this.

Cue the "its the owners, not the breed" crowd. Sick

No doubt. No matter how many times this happens, you just won't convince some people that these dogs shouldn't be allowed in a neighborhood....or maybe even at all. Thing is, they are all teddy bears who wouldn't hurt anyone, right up until they do, then it's to late.

Mods can we please keep this off of the message board.
No doubt. No matter how many times this happens, you just won't convince some people that these dogs shouldn't be allowed in a neighborhood....or maybe even at all. Thing is, they are all teddy bears who wouldn't hurt anyone, right up until they do, then it's to late.
First, I've never owned a pit bull

Second, this shouldn't even be on this board

Third, Yes it is the owners

Fourth, My mother in law took in a rescue pit bull and had it for 11 years, before it died and never harmed anyone or anything. Also my friend in high school had one, also never harmed anyone or anything.

Lastly, I agree with the "Mussel" solution for them. They are extremely strong. That is the only difference between them and yorkies. Treat the damn dog well, and this crap does not happen

Edit: Couple more things... Agree with a major back ground check to an owner of this breed, and Thoughts and Prayers go out to the family of the child

Mic dropped... Lock this f-ing thread!!!!

Last edited:
Good lord... Click on related stories on that page and you'll find about 5 more stories of pit bull attacks.... Maybe they don't attack more than other breeds, idk. The problem is when they do attack the consequences are much worse than other breeds.

Crazy thing is they used to be known as the "Nanny" breed across the pond years ago. Man has surely screwed another thing up...

Fourth, My mother in law took in a rescue pit bull and had it for 11 years, before it died and never harmed anyone or anything. Also my friend in high school had one, also never harmed anyone or anything.

Lastly, I agree with the "Mussel" solution for them. They are extremely strong. That is the only difference between them and yorkies. Treat the damn dog well, and this crap does not happen

Edit: Couple more things... Agree with a major back ground check to an owner of this breed, and Thoughts and Prayers go out to the family of the child

Hahahaha! You lost me at the only difference between pit bulls and Yorkies is the strength. We have a Yorkie and believe me, it barks and then runs away to get behind our other dog.

Fail. I still think those dogs suck and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a neighborhood.

So......Just to recap your post (not sure if my sarcasm meter needs checked??):

1. They should be required to wear muzzles.
2. They should require all owners to have background checks
3. They are safe and friendly dogs to own because your MIL and friend from high school happened to have two that didn't attack, maul or kill any people or animals.
4. If you don't treat the damn dog well, this crap does happen

Do you happen to see the problem here with having these animals running around all over in neighborhoods all over the country?

Last edited:
So totally in before the lock. The only Pit bull I hate is that musician... He should be put down.

3. They are safe and friendly dogs to own because your MIL and friend from high school happened to have two that didn't attack, maul or kill any people or animals.

Do you happen to see the problem here with having these animals running around all over in neighborhoods all over the country?

You all are blind. All dogs have "animal" instincts and how they react is how they are raised. Whatever you want. I can go all day

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-p...t-bull-saved-her-from-being-seriously-injured

Wow... Type in Labrador Injures Child in google... and wow lots of articles. <- odd those dogs aren't bad are they. Shoot I even have one... better get rid of her I guess?

Type in "Dog" injures child guess what, Pit Bull, Pit Bull oh and Pit Bull... you only see the ones that the media drills in your damn heads that are bad.

I will come out as an owner of a pit, he is the most gentle dog you will ever meet.

There are a lot of people in this world who can't handle the responsibility of being a pet owner who have them.

But what do I know, lets condemn them all because there are bad ones in the bunch,

I will come out as an owner of a pit, he is the most gentle dog you will ever meet.

There are a lot of people in this world who can't handle the responsibility of being a pet owner who have them.

But what do I know, lets condemn them all because there are bad ones in the bunch,
Deal

I'm a mailman, do I dislike pitbulls...yes..do they scare the crap out of me...yes. have I been attacked by one on my route...yes.

Reactions: sparky62

Nailed it!

I own Rottweilers just as bad as pits and it's the owners plain and simple....sorry about my dog means more to me than most human beings.....

I've seen nice pits before. But my old neighboors had two and one was terrifying. It tries to get under our fence and try and attack out much larger, but much sissier (is that a word?) Bernese. If I wasn't there pushing its head back from under the fence it would have came through and killed our dog.

I had to 'beef up' our fence with spikes, posts and barbed wire because it kept trying to come I called the humane society several times and they pretty much said the dog had to actually bite for them to do anything. They did require them to keep them on a chain inside the fence though.

The worst of it was our other neighboor couldn't let his young daughter play in their backyard because the pit would charge the fence at her.

Does the P.Office issue you bear spray or some kind of mace?

I don't know how effective regular mace would stop a charging Pit...I'd most likely empty 16 rounds into the bastard.
Don't shoot the dog. Shoot the owners, then the dogs.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
a couple summers ago on my route, The pit broke thru the screen door, jumped the stairs and came after me. He grabbed my mail satchel. We do carry dog mace, I tried spraying him, no affect. If I would of been a girl scout, or a paperboy, this dog would of done some serious damage. The only damage it caused me, besides some cuts and scrapes, was me changing my shorts . 90% of dog bites or any dog problems mailmen have are the result of Pits.

a couple summers ago on my route, The pit broke thru the screen door, jumped the stairs and came after me. He grabbed my mail satchel. We do carry dog mace, I tried spraying him, no affect. If I would of been a girl scout, or a paperboy, this dog would of done some serious damage. The only damage it caused me, besides some cuts and scrapes, was me changing my shorts . 90% of dog bites or any dog problems mailmen have are the result of Pits.

Suhnami thinks you're a racist.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
i am a huge dog lover and have always owned german shepherds, but even I want that pitbull breed destroyed. if you actually research the attacks compared to all other dog breeds, the pit is so far off the chart, its not even remotely close. those dogs need to be destroyed.

It is the owner's responsibility. Period.

My dog could rip someone to shreds. I've raised him otherwise, and we are always side-by-side in public...just in case.

I've spent a lot of hours working with dogs. It's both. I'd say about 90%+ of dog owners in the country are completely ignorant and unqualified to have a dog of any kind. If they have a nasty little Min-Pin, oh well. Watch your ankles. But if they have a couple nasty pits, or boxers, or chows, somebody could get killed.

So basically it's both. I would not own a pit, I wouldn't trust one with my kids. I could handle one and they don't scare me, but you never know what a child might do to provoke them, and when you fire up a bully, it's like stopping a train to cool them back down. Any dog might start up, but the bullies don't stop til it's OVER.

If I could wave a wand and make all the bully breeds disappear from the earth, I would. They were bred to fight and there's really not a use for that any more. But that's not ever going to happen, so trying to "ban the breed" would ultimately be a waste of time. They were bred to fight to the death. Their excitement, aggression, tenacity and pain tolerance are higher than the average dog.

I hate, hate, hate the way things are with the shelter system. They are packed to the gills with pits and staffy mutts, and they'll adopt them out to anyone who is willing to fork over a few bucks and take one home. A shelter dog that is a powerful breed is NOT for amateurs.

A big dog is a responsibility, and not enough people take that seriously.

I own Rottweilers just as bad as pits and it's the owners plain and simple....sorry about my dog means more to me than most human beings.....

That fact that there are people who own these sawed off shotguns on four legs that actually believe their precious little shotgun is higher on the food chain than other human beings is troubling, and reflects very poorly on you and others who think like this. You are basically saying, yes, I own a dangerous breed of dog that attacks, kills, and injures humans more than any other domesticated animal on the planet, and I don't care. Sweet attitude.
Doesn't every pitbull story pretty much start and end the same?..."Oh my gosh, Terminator was such a sweet sweet dog, he would never hurt anyone, Terminator just loved kids, I can't believe this happened, that little baby probably spooked poor Terminator, this is so sad"

Exactly.

Like I said, they are all teddy bears, right up until they aren't. Then you see the Wallmart trailer trash who owned it act like it's a huge shock their dog just beheaded some poor kid and if you're really lucky, you get the disclaimer about how it wasn't the dog's fault but it's hard to listen to what they are saying because I can't stop laughing at the mustard stains on their wife beater....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT