ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Gym in Omaha

St. Anger

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 13, 2007
Need to join a public gym. Anyone have a rec for one in Omaha?

LA Fitness is nice and about 25 a month. Blue Moon is just the old Gold's Gym (I think). Lifetime is great, super packed and super expensive though.

Prairie Life Fitness. Great facilities (indoor/outdoor pool, basketball & racquetball courts included) and never super packed which I prefer, but little pricey, around 40$ a month.

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about Anytime Fitness? Or Blue Moon?

Anytime fitness. You can work out 24/7, it is never packed to the gills and you dont have to pay for a bunch of extra stuff, its around $20. Now if you want a pool and other stuff similar, Anytime fitness does not have that.

Better Bodies (120th and I) is another I would look at seriously. Not the big box and people know their stuff to assist you meet your fitness goals.

Lifetime fitness if you're okay with spending $120 a month on a membership, the JCC is also very good.

Depends on your goals. If you want to lift/build muscle, you should probably find some warehouse looking place that's more concerned with people getting a quality workout rather than having rows and rows of shiny treadmills for people to not accomplish anything with.

Anytime fitness. You can work out 24/7, it is never packed to the gills and you dont have to pay for a bunch of extra stuff, its around $20. Now if you want a pool and other stuff similar, Anytime fitness does not have that.

I must have missed the $20 special. I'm at $34 per.

I go to Pinnacle, which is great for me because it's downtown. So if, by chance, you live or work downtown, it's a good option.

Over the years, I have belonged to Lifetime, LA Fitness/Urban Active and am currently at Prairie Life.

Lifetime is huge, clean and very nice. I paid around $120/month for family and $60/month for individual there. We got some use out of the pool(s) and waterslides with our kids.

LA Fitness is smaller, like a nicer 24 hour fitness and I believe I paid about $33/month.

I currently belong to Prairie Life b/c it has a very big basketball open gym scene (at 132nd & Center), with regular adult pickup games going nearly every day. Also with a west location and Midtown Crossing location, I'm able to get to both of them. I think I pay $40/month for PL.

I'd base it on location, cost and what you are looking for. I personally have always liked the big box ones b/c of the amenities (sports courts, pools, weights, track, eye candy, etc).

Depends on your goals. If you want to lift/build muscle, you should probably find some warehouse looking place that's more concerned with people getting a quality workout rather than having rows and rows of shiny treadmills for people to not accomplish anything with.

Just murder someone...you can lift in prison.

With summertime approaching, gyms need business. Good time to negotiate a favorable deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT