ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Batman vs Superman

I don't know. I have a hard time reconciling that one guy can fly and would cave in your skull with one punch, and the other guy gets by mostly due to cool gadgets. Unless, Batman has a access to some strong kryptonite, it's not a fair fight.

I Don't understand the premise of this movie. I thought both guys were good guys. League of Justice, all that good stuff. How can they make one bad?

And as others have mentioned, Super Powers vs man-made gadgets is a no brainer.

Hope it's good.

Originally posted by chicolby:
I Don't understand the premise of this movie. I thought both guys were good guys. League of Justice, all that good stuff. How can they make one bad?

Hope it's good.
I agree!

It looks awesome but it seems like Batman vs Spiderman would make a bit more sense? Or the Hulk vs Bo...I mean...both get really mad.

Originally posted by chicolby:

Hope it's good.
Dawn of Justice... It looks to be a sort of prequel to the Justice League. Good friendships sometimes start off with a good knock down fight. :D

Good Lord.. A sure sign DC wants a piece of the Marvel pie, and is willing to take a huge dump on its on franchise. God I'm tired of 'Whoosh Boom Bang' movies..

Originally posted by Hoosker Du:
Good Lord.. A sure sign DC wants a piece of the Marvel pie, and is willing to take a huge dump on its on franchise. God I'm tired of 'Whoosh Boom Bang' movies..
Not as tired as everyone is of ur odd movie elitism.

Originally posted by jteten:

You've heard the phrase "garbage in...garbage out." Keep lapping up the poo. You are what you eat.
This post was edited on 4/18 11:53 AM by Hoosker Du

Originally posted by jteten:

You've heard the phrase "garbage in...garbage out." Keep lapping up the poo. You are what you eat.
This post was edited on 4/18 11:53 AM by Hoosker Du
Yes, because spending time on a message board is truly for intellectuals....unlike superhero movies. Don't take yourself too seriously. I assure you, no one else does.

Originally posted by kchu5ker555:
So tired of the overdone comic book movies.
Precisely. More than anything, I am so tired of the audio. A sewing pin could drop off a table and Hollywood would make it sound like a nuclear bomb going off. But lemmings enjoy this crap over and over and over, so allow them to put on their Marvels or DC comics gear, and vedge out to their heart's desire.
This post was edited on 4/18 12:20 PM by Hoosker Du

Like a fight between an F-22 Raptor and a gnat.

Plus, Ben Affleck. FAIL.

Because of Ben alone I won't watch this movie even when it is free.

What are you talking about? Batman and Superman have fought quite a few times in the comics. Batman beat Superman in Dark Knight Returns.

This movie looks like it will be placed before knowing each other and becoming friends, or possibly, after knowing each other and somewhat following the Dark Knight story Arv.

This movie looks fantastic. I can't wait.

The suit Batman is wearing looks very similar to what he wore in the Batman Returns fight against Superman. A fight in which Batman won, not due to physical abilities, but out thinking his opponent.

Much like how a Silverback gorilla would dismantle a human in terms of raw strength, but our mental prowess makes us the alpha predator. Batman is always a step ahead of Superman from a strategic standpoint.

They are going to make a boat load of cash on this movie.. Anytime there is a one vs the other type of title, it preys on some of the most fundamental psychology we have, especially in kids. It gets everyone talking, and if the film is at least decent, it's got the potential to smash sales records.

As to the story line, I'm not sure what direction they will take, but here is how I would probably write it. Superman is supposed to be the good guy, (but secretly he's bad), and then you have Batman, the guy who isn't very social, kind of a dark character, and he ends up being the good guy. So to me, I would write this to play against the stereotypes of what is the good guy and what is the bad guy, to where the audience gets to experience that and draw their own conclusions in the end.

I think this is going to be a huge hit and can't wait to check it out.

Batman wins!

Originally posted by Charlie Marlow:
this is how it would actually go.

and superman's IQ is off the charts as well and far superior to batman's
Really? Even though that's contrary to how the two characters have been presented by DC for the last 20 years? Is that just your gut feeling?

It's a comic so at the end of the day there's no right answer. But there's nothing in the DC comic universe to support your statement. Though to be fair there is a substantial difference in genuine intelligence and battlefield strategy. I could believe that Superman is more intelligent based on his history. But DC has written Batman to consistently be 2 steps ahead of everyone else as far as strategy goes.

Batman > Superman
Everyone knows Batman would find a way to wipe out Mr Nice Guy.

Originally posted by NebRGR5634:

What are you talking about? Batman and Superman have fought quite a few times in the comics. Batman beat Superman in Dark Knight Returns.

This movie looks like it will be placed before knowing each other and becoming friends, or possibly, after knowing each other and somewhat following the Dark Knight story Arv.

This movie looks fantastic. I can't wait.
My apologies. I was not aware of that. Why would they pit two superheroes fighting for good against each other? I'm like everyone else...how could Batman beat a guy that reverses time by flying around the earth at near light-speed? I don't get it. Anyway, as I said, I am just tired of the audio of these movies. Everything has to 'whoosh' or 'boom' or 'bang.' It's like sensory overload. I like Robert Downey Jr's humor in the Avengers, but I just can't do these type of movies any more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT