ADVERTISEMENT

OSU suspends 4 players for season opener against VTech

HuskerAlum92

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 8, 2007
Per ESPN...
OHIO STATE FOOTBALL SUSPENDS 4 PLAYERS

Junior defensive end Joey Bosa, sophomore H-back Jalin Marshall, senior receiver Corey Smith and junior H-back Dontre Wilson will miss the Buckeyes' first game of the season, Sept. 7 at Virginia Tech, for violating department policy, according to the school's AD office. A source tells Joe Schad marijuana and academics are the reasons for the suspensions

I wish BYU would make a similar announcement...

Per ESPN...
OHIO STATE FOOTBALL SUSPENDS 4 PLAYERS

Junior defensive end Joey Bosa, sophomore H-back Jalin Marshall, senior receiver Corey Smith and junior H-back Dontre Wilson will miss the Buckeyes' first game of the season, Sept. 7 at Virginia Tech, for violating department policy, according to the school's AD office. A source tells Joe Schad marijuana and academics are the reasons for the suspensions

I wish BYU would make a similar announcement...
Mormons smoke pot?

Marriguana and acedemics do not mix.

Oh well, tough luck for OSU.

I think people will be surprised. I personally knew over a handful of people in the top 10% of my graduating class (2008) who regularly smoked. Yes, I know the majority of people who smoke and attend college are far from what I mentioned. I'm a believer in self responsibility. The powers in hands of the users.

At this point there is no specific indication if academics and smoking pot were attributed to all four or if any of the players only did one of the violations. Either way, I believe you are responsible for your own actions and consequences.

If these violations hurt the individual player or the team, there is no excuse and it's on them. It's next man up. Hopefully that's the benefit of recruiting a depth of talent.

I think people will be surprised. I personally knew over a handful of people in the top 10% of my graduating class (2008) who regularly smoked. Yes, I know the majority of people who smoke and attend college are far from what I mentioned. I'm a believer in self responsibility. The powers in hands of the users.

I agree that marijuana is not even as bad as booze, particularly for college kids, but until it is legal, athletes must follow the rules....and should be punished for not doing so. That punishment should be 3-4 games. One game is a slap on the wrist and not a deterrent whatsoever.

ADVERTISEMENT