ADVERTISEMENT

NU Recruiting - Andrew White

jieder

Walk On
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2009
What are chances we will get Andrew White - transferring from Kansas and has to sit out 2014-2015 season? Know he visited and liked what he saw at NU, but is taking other trips.

if my memory serves me correctly, i believe he is going to visit fsu very soon. he may have "liked what he saw", but, the longer this goes, not sure it really bodes well for the huskers. i hope i am wrong, but, not holding my breath.

I also believe he visited Notre Dame and heard maybe Wake Forest/Maryland was on his list as well. He is a methodical person and will decide after seeing all of his options first so I wouldn't read too much in to the 'longer this drags out' thing in this case.

Bye, Bye. Andrew iff to Virginia Tech........would have committed to Nebraska earlier if he was really interested!

Agree with "bye, bye to Virginia Tech" comment! Tech close to his hometown of Richmond Virginia. Wishing I wrong, but think Nebraska is no longer on his radar screen. We seem to never be able to recruit the 4 or 5 stars to get us over the humo!

Originally posted by jieder:
Agree with "bye, bye to Virginia Tech" comment! Tech close to his hometown of Richmond Virginia. Wishing I wrong, but think Nebraska is no longer on his radar screen. We seem to never be able to recruit the 4 or 5 stars to get us over the humo!
I am not counting Nebraska out of the Andrew White sweepstakes just yet. A source with knowledge of his recruitment text me this afternoon that Andrew "really likes Nebraska." I'm not making a prediction mind you, but I think Nebraska is in good shape. I think Maryland is in there too, I'm not sure on Virginia Tech, my source in Virginia has been unusually quiet lately about all things...not just Andrew White.

I expected an announcement before this week is over but it's late Wednesday and nothing seems imminent so we'll see...

FWIW...I just spoke to a Virginia source and he flat out groaned when I mentioned Andrew White. Claims the VT staff isn't very confident in their chances of landing him.

This post was edited on 8/17 8:29 PM by Russ Wood

Update ... He is "N"

big it news for Nebraska Basketball.

In Miles we Trust.

I said not to count him out, but did anyone listen?
tongue.r191677.gif

Great pick-up for Nebraska basketball. Petteway going one-on-one each day against Andrew White will make both of them better. And White can step into Petteway's role on team when Peteway exits early for the NBA!

ADVERTISEMENT