ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Listings

This is THE problem. Yup… I don’t know why we even talk about anything else…

Reactions: jkeb
I will do my part using traditional methods to support the program by purchasing tickets, concessions, and maybe some licensed apparel.

I will let you donors of substance take care of the rest.

Reactions: Shorthairhusker
We have far too many donor resources into facility stuff and not enough into talent acquisition.

1890 could raise so much money if we would just
embrace it at the University level. How about a free Spring Game with a Venmo at the Spring game where people can donate? That would easily raise over $1M. How are we hitting up the small time donors. When donors are looking to give, we should tell them we have the University stuff and that they should give to NIL. Make it a requirement of boxes, seats, etc.

It’s our fans who may be the problem, if we’re bein honest. Full of great family values, but clam up tight when it comes time to bust out the checkbook.

Last edited:
Maybe a lot of Nebraskans are like me.. love the game and the program, but I am not parting with a single dime to try and bribe some 18-20 y/o to be my friend. Fvck that. If others wish to do that, whatevs...but I cannot think of a bigger waste of cash if I tried. Is this a state full of people who have nothing better to do with their money, or people who feel more like I do??

Maybe a lot of Nebraskans are like me.. love the game and the program, but I am not parting with a single dime to try and bribe some 18-20 y/o to be my friend. Fvck that. If others wish to do that, whatevs...but I cannot think of a bigger waste of cash if I tried. Is this a state full of people who have nothing better to do with their money, or people who feel more like I do??
I think you’re probably close to the average sentiment there in Nebraska. And it shows on the field, unfortunately. Program’s gonna need to think outside the box to get around the conservative nature of the standard Fan.

I think you’re probably close to the average sentiment there in Nebraska. And it shows on the field, unfortunately. Program’s gonna need to think outside the box to get around the conservative nature of the standard Fan.

What I have seen so far on the field is some pretty shitty coaching and QB decisions...let's say I get a wild hair up my ass and donate 10K to NIL specifically set aside for Sims...is he going to be a better QB because of that?? Good gawd I'd be sick to my stomach if I invested anything in the product we've seen so far.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Agreed. We should lobby to be able to use university money for nil... But yeah, us fans like what few dollars the man let's us have.

What I have seen so far on the field is some pretty shitty coaching and QB decisions...let's say I get a wild hair up my ass and donate 10K to NIL specifically set aside for Sims...is he going to be a better QB because of that?? Good gawd I'd be sick to my stomach if I invested anything in the product we've seen so far.
Just sayin they need to think a lot bigger if they wanna compete in this conference. We need a few names on that list playin for us. Personally hoping DR finds himself in a QB room @ UGA with a couple other 5*’s and wants to come back and be instant legend here next year.

If you don't play by the same rules, you'll lose. We need NIL cash to bring in the best players. The nice thing is we can actually control this instead of just hoping some kid will want to play here. Most people will be persuaded by a bag of legal cash.

Reactions: V-Doub and jkeb
We have far too many donor resources into facility stuff and not enough into talent acquisition.

1890 could raise so much money if we would just
embrace it at the University level. How about a free Spring Game with a Venmo at the Spring game where people can donate? That would easily raise over $1M. How are we hitting up the small time donors. When donors are looking to give, we should tell them we have the University stuff and that they should give to NIL. Make it a requirement of boxes, seats, etc.

Teams that invest in talent acquisition don’t take fans for granted. UGA just won’t a ship and don’t take their fans for granted. Trev and the admin dipshits running this program take Nebraska fans for granted. They believe it will always be there. What was that last facility upgrade, $200MM? Do you know how much a $200MM endowment to NIL would spin off in this market? I can guarantee more than some silly ass facility expansion. Trev is about to learn what the saying “F around and find out” means

We hired the wrong former LB @ AD. Shits moving in the right direction under Ed Stewart, I have no doubt. ED would have NU in the 21st century and current times.Trev can’t relate to kids nor the times.

How about the university do away with seat license fee and ask the consumer to give a tax deduditable gift to the NIL ? I blame the University! People only have so much discretionary income!

Reactions: headcard
I would never give a dime.

But, I think what will happen is you will get some rich dudes that leave a chunk of their estate to the NIL fund.

Wow. We do not have a single player on that list. So I guess we got Sims on the cheap. And Kemp. We better get with the program or we are going to be left in the dust, if we haven't been already. Not good.

Teams that invest in talent acquisition don’t take fans for granted. UGA just won’t a ship and don’t take their fans for granted. Trev and the admin dipshits running this program take Nebraska fans for granted. They believe it will always be there. What was that last facility upgrade, $200MM? Do you know how much a $200MM endowment to NIL would spin off in this market? I can guarantee more than some silly ass facility expansion. Trev is about to learn what the saying “F around and find out” means

We hired the wrong former LB @ AD. Shits moving in the right direction under Ed Stewart, I have no doubt. ED would have NU in the 21st century and current times.Trev can’t relate to kids nor the times.
You're still mad about uno wrestling aren't you?

This is not a good look.

Fickell doesn’t like the portal, but somehow, there’s a Badger on that list. Ferentz doesn’t, either, but there’s a Hawkeye in the top 100. Even Rutgers is ponying up for at least one player. How can we not have a single guy worth paying Top 100 money on the entire squad?

With our recruiting disadvantages, NIL might be our last best chance at finding our way back, and we’re doing nothing. Even Duke football is embracing NiL, and they’re suddenly winning games. Meanwhile, Dabo and Clemson aren’t, and their slow decline is there for all to see.

I guess we can either get with the times or keep reliving better days, but damn is that list frustrating to see after the level of QB play we’ve witnessed the past two weeks.

The terms 'talent acquisition' and 'roster management' with regard to college football make me sick to my stomach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT