ADVERTISEMENT

New helmet designs...

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
f8dcf77d78ec17179716510143ddb429_crop_north.jpg

All of those are sick. I'd love to see the team rock any of em. I'm sure the players would like it too

Regardless of anyone's feeling on this particular design, the one guarantee is that it would single-handedly improve recruiting. Doesn't matter that the defense looks nothing like the blackshirts or that none of the actual school colors are featured..... this helmet alone is good for 2-3 elite recruits/year, IMO.

Regardless of anyone's feeling on this particular design, the one guarantee is that it would single-handedly improve recruiting. Doesn't matter that the defense looks nothing like the blackshirts or that none of the actual school colors are featured..... this helmet alone is good for 2-3 elite recruits/year, IMO.

How many elite recruits would the helmet with the corn cob be good for?

Reactions: GretnaShawn
The red helmet is classic. That's the only one I'd give the thumbs up to.

ok, some of the designs are decent, but we are talking about a traditional program here and I'm sick of seeing people F with that. To the equipment manager, stick with your day job and quit trying to put ideas into peoples heads about your stupid designs.

Does anyone know what is on the side of the skull/crossbones logo's helmet?

And, what city is that reflected in the metallic helmets?

I find it hard to belieave that there is so much negative feed back on anything out side of "traditional"... I for one am a fan of our tradition and our history, however, for all of you that complain, and grip, and moan about anything new saying this isnt our tradition, have any of you ever stoped to ask yourself how traditions ever started? where would our beloved blackshirts be had we never accidently got the wrong color practice jersey? Traditions need to start someplace if they dont then our D would never have been known as the black shirts, dont be afraid of venturing off onto the path of unknown to forge your own traditions people! embrace it and live in the moment!

Reactions: husker2612
It has less to do with tradition and more to do with the designs just not being great. That old blackshirt logo is very dated, just not a fan of the Herby look and don't even need to go into the corn cob.

All of them except the skull and cross bones one. It would look dumb seeing the offense wearing a 'Blackshirt' themed helmet

I find it hard to belieave that there is so much negative feed back on anything out side of "traditional"... I for one am a fan of our tradition and our history, however, for all of you that complain, and grip, and moan about anything new saying this isnt our tradition, have any of you ever stoped to ask yourself how traditions ever started? where would our beloved blackshirts be had we never accidently got the wrong color practice jersey? Traditions need to start someplace if they dont then our D would never have been known as the black shirts, dont be afraid of venturing off onto the path of unknown to forge your own traditions people! embrace it and live in the moment!

Agree, if you traditionalists are true traditionalists, then we should still be wearing the leather helmets and be called the bugeaters. No traditions last forever! It is time for a change in the logo/helmet department.

I like a lot of them & I'm the old guy. EXCEPT Herbie & the corncob.

Agree, if you traditionalists are true traditionalists, then we should still be wearing the leather helmets and be called the bugeaters. No traditions last forever! It is time for a change in the logo/helmet department.
Really? Then why don't we just be the first school to go topless. No helmets. Old school, backyard style.

CGHdXgaUYAApCCm.png

Stay with the traditional color scheme and get rid of silver IMO. AND WE HAVE A WINNER!

CGHdXjXUsAAvZ05.png

This one is a real close second. But with our throwback jerseys as a compliment this one might very well be first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT