ADVERTISEMENT

new coach will have a couple big10 type

uncle-gus

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 15, 2001
players to work with imo.

dylan talley & diaz, with ubel; who i consider to be that type as a player all teams need.....good role player.

if almeida comes back, thats a plus we didnt have this year; and i'd bet any team would take his 'clog the lane' presence defensively off the bench. plus he would provide valuable rest time for diaz & ubel. that would be the exact opposite of what we had last year.

we got killed last year by the drive to the hoop & no-one in the paint to stop it.

add the 6-9 250 coleman to it all (defensively), the new coach is going to have the inside defense he needs to compete that we so badly missed last year imo.

definately some IF's here....IF Diaz solves his issues with his feet, IF Almeida is even here, let alone healthy enough to play....IF Coleman still wants to come here.

point guard is a big area of concern.

the options are a true freshman who's way little, but quicker than anyone on the team coming in, and by all reports is a great defender. last year's freshman PG C. Hilliard who got little PT for experience. Or, ray Gallegos who redshirted with the intent of taking over for Bo in 2012/13 at the point imo.

talley at 2 guard, backed up by J. Moore or Gallegos.

D. Rivers at wing, with J. Young & S. Shields.

havent included Alihodzic, Niemann, or Fox.

also iffy for all 2012 recruits as to whether they stay with their commitment, right?.....can a new coach void LOI's?

Best player next year....Talley
Best newcomer next year...Parker
Most improved next year...Ubell
Come-back player of the year.....Almeida
MVP......new coach with lack of bad luck.

i like groce.

That also requires Diaz to come back again.

That probably isn't a 100% lock considering his track record.

honestly, id be ok if he didnt come back. theres never been a player here who pisses me off more than him. lol. im sure his feet do limit him, but his total lack of fire and his softness makes him look like he doesnt care or want to be here. Plus it'd give the new coach a chance to go get another recruit. i'm thinking a few of Doc's recruits wont be kept as it is. its just natural.

do you think Talley can guard the other Shooting guard. He's not the best athlete. Next years team will be lucky to win 10.

Talley cannot play the 2. He's much better suited for the 3. He doesn't have the quickness to guard the 2 and as for his shooting ability, let's put it this way, Talley would be the kind of two guard opposing coaches want to play against.

Really just a general comment on the talent. Remember Doc said this was going to be his most talented team? Well, he was right! It's just that "together" they didn't make it happen. Walker and Talley played together a lot and yet neither is a good dribbler, passer or shooter. So that limited us right there. Overall, lots of nice pieces but none of them blossomed into difference makers.

ADVERTISEMENT