ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball, the future

HuskerTimOmaha

Nebraska Legend
Apr 21, 2006
Omaha
The 2015-2016 roster will feature:
  • #48 player in 2012 class (2 years eligibility) Andrew White
  • #48 player in the 2013 class (redshirting, 2 years remaining after that) Anton Smith
  • #52 player in the 2015 class (4 years eligibility) Ed Morrow
  • #71 player in the 2015 class (4 years eligibility) Glynn Watson
The 2016-2017 roster will add Isaiah Roby, currently not ranked but from all accounts, could make a huge jump into the rankings as some have said he's the best player in Illinois, or at the least is making a run at it.

Prep Hoops Illinois on Roby, April 2015
Roby has a legit shot to make a run at the top spot in 2016 when it is all said and done.

Joe covers Illinois HS hoops

Yes, I know, other B1G programs have equal or more talent coming in every year. The point is, the talent level has been upgraded to a spot we haven't witnessed in 20-25 years. It's up to coach Miles and crew to continue doing work, oh, and Kenya Hunter is getting the job done on the recruiting trail. Most definitely need to keep that going!

***ESPN basketball recruiting rankings, I've always used them as they seem to have more resources allotted to college hoops recruiting compared to Rivals.

Last edited:
This is exciting. Love the talent Miles is bringing in. Now we hope for a big man!

Was just thinking about this the other night. It's crazy to think that in 2 years Nebraska could potentially start four 4* players. Even with the team being terrible last year, there are a lot of reasons to be excited about the future of Nebrasketball.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Good stuff, Tim. Miles just needs to do his best to make sure the cohesiveness of the team is good. The talent is starting to get there.

Don't forget Pinder. He really came on strong for Hutchinson CC this year. He's the type of athletic big we need.

Headed to Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College for a couple of years, Keanu Pinder is somebody that Rivals.com is going to have to evaluate for potential four-star status as a junior college prospect. At 6-foot-9, he is a fine athlete who can run, hits the glass and tries to dunk everything around the rim. He doesn't look to be overly skilled just yet, but he has a body to build on and if his motor stays one that runs high, it bodes well for the Nebraska commitment's future. - See more at: https://cal.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1665786#sthash.dxqYtJFw.dpuf

The future of Nebrasketball is very bright with the players that Coach Miles and Co. have brought in and will be bringing in. Need a transfer big man for next year, and really need a good HS F/C in the 2016 class for the future. I'm also confident that Coach will bring in a good assistant coach with a strong recruiting and offensive background as well.

People need to continue to be a little patient with Coach Miles. Last year sucked, I know it, you know it, Miles and the players know it, everybody knows it. Next year will be better, but still could be a struggle at times, though I'm hoping to see improvement as the year goes along, which we didn't see this past year. 2016-2017 should be the target year for the Nebrasketball program to take the big step forward.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I will be anxiously anticipating watching AWIII to see if he can play at this level. His biggest knock at KU was that he did not have the foot speed to play defense well enough to get on the court. A bit of a reputation of a guy that looks great in warmups (because he can really shoot) but couldn't translate that to game speed.

Miles is bringing in some talent...at least on paper. Hopefully it shows up on game days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT