ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Yale (Huskers lose 5-1)

Stupid video stream behind the radio 2-3 batters. And it stalls then comes back missing a play or two.
I'm able to pause the radio to sync them but ESPN is playing around with the video. It's obvious they have some commercial breaks that are longer and then they air the next segment on a delay. I have to re-adjust every third out or when there's a pitching change. :(

It was nice of us to come along and provide Yale some infield groundball practice before they took on Oregon State tomorrow night. I believe they used to hand out badges for that type of charity in Boy Scouts back in the day.

Reactions: donahues17
Wow, does it seem like they are swinging the bat vey slow? I don't get it. Hal isn't a bad team but Nebraska is making them look like all stars.

Just like last year. The offense has completely disappeared in the postseason. I'd like to say I'm surprised we lost, but I'm not. In fact, I pretty much expected it. Our performance in the B1G tournament pretty much told me what to expect in the NCAA tournament.

As my wife is fond of saying, "I'm not mad. I'm just really disappointed."
The pitching was disappointing to start, yes, but the offense was horrendous and only got worse. That kid could of pitched 18 innings against us and still won.

The pitching was disappointing to start, yes, but the offense was horrendous and only got worse. That kid could of pitched 18 innings against us and still won.
1-7 in last 8 postseason games. Houston, we have a problem.....the NCAA tried to hand us a win against the worst 3rd seed in the field, and we said no thanks.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
To be honest, now you pitch Waldron and McSteen games 2 and 3 and save Hohensee and Burkamper 4 and 5. F it and try to win this thing.

Wow, their pitcher gave a little unintentional dig on Husker hitting. He says "we got a lot of weak ground balls". Keep teaching that weak style of hitting Erstad. It will put your team in the CWS one day.

1-7 in last 8 postseason games. Houston, we have a problem.....the NCAA tried to hand us a win against the worst 3rd seed in the field, and we said no thanks.
No, Yale would be the best #3 seed in the field if the field were seeded top to bottom.

To be honest, now you pitch Waldron and McSteen games 2 and 3 and save Hohensee and Burkamper 4 and 5. F it and try to win this thing.
I tend to agree with this. We will likely play the worst team in the tournament tomorrow afternoon. Win that and we'll probably see Yale again whose starting pitching drops off a lot after today.

No, Yale would be the best #3 seed in the field if the field were seeded top to bottom.

They only seed the top 8 -- the 2/3/4 teams are simply sent to the nearest regional --and they also avoid having more than one team from a conference

Yale has the best RPI of any 3 seed in the tourney I can imagine. RPI is a heavy influence when it comes to the tourney. I would agree that they would be one of the better #3 seeds.

Edited to say they have the 6th best RPI of the 16 #3 seeds.

Last edited:
They only seed the top 8 -- the 2/3/4 teams are simply sent to the nearest regional --and they also avoid having more than one team from a conference
It's not the nearest regional-there's a number of other regionals that are closer to us than Corvallis. But i think you're correct that the 2/3 seeds are not matched up based on strength.

Yale has the best RPI of any 3 seed in the tourney I can imagine. RPI is a heavy influence when it comes to the tourney. I would agree that they would be one of the better #3 seeds.

Edited to say they have the 6th best RPI of the 16 #3 seeds.
Rpi isn't always that accurate ---we just got beat by YALE....,,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT