ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers Sweep in a 6-2 Win)

Nebraska vs. Texas (0-0 Top 1st)

Leadoff single and a sac bunt puts a runner at 2nd with one out. Groundout to short moves the runner to 3rd with two outs. A strikeout ends the inning.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 2-0 Bottom 1st)

One out single to right for Schlepp. RBI double for Headley!!! Miller walks to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Lubach beats out an infield single to load te bases!!! Darby follows with an RBI single past 2nd, based still loaded and only one out!

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 2-0 Top 2nd)

Three awesome catches by Dilday (2) and Darby to out the Longhorns down in order!

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 2-0 Bottom 2nd)

Boldt smashes a two out double off the wall in right! Schlepp then gets robbed of a base hit to LF to end the inning.

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 2-0 Top 3rd)

Leadoff single for Texas. The next batter pops up a bunt to 1st for out number one. Fly out to RF for out number two. Another fly out to center to end the inning.

The outfielders came to play today!!

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 5-0 Bottom 3rd)

Lubach with a two out single up the middle. Darby laces one to center to put runners at 1st and 2nd! RBI double down the 1st base line for Dilday puts a runner on 2nd and 3rd!!! Schreiber then gets an RBI infield single to out runners at the corners!!! Wes follows with another infield RBI single to keep runners at the corners with two outs!!!

Texas shockingly makes a pitching change and even more shockingly brings in a lefty :)

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Bottom 3rd)

Boldt laces an RBI single to left to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Schlepp flies out to right to end the threat.

Re: Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Bottom 3rd)

Bless these boys...

OK, even before I type it, this is my favorite question I have ever posed on this forum: Is the mercy rule in effect today?

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Top 4th)

Three up three down for the Horns. Another great catch my Dilday to end the inning.

Re: Nebraska vs. Texas (Sunday March 29th 12:05pm CST) - Updates Inside

No mercy rule today. They do have a stoppage time though but were far from that. Love the question though ;)

Re: Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Bottom 3rd)

Originally posted by coolonetoo:
Bless these boys...

OK, even before I type it, this is my favorite question I have ever posed on this forum: Is the mercy rule in effect today?
I laffed.

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Bottom 4th)

One out single up the middle for Ben Miller. Lubach reaches on an E6 to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Darby pops out to left for out number two. Dilday walks to load the bases. Schreiber K's to end the threat.

Re: Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Bottom 4th)

Twelve hits so far. Everyone has at least one hit.

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Bottom 5th)

Wes gets a leadoff single to right but then Boldt hits into a double play. Questionable call at 1st. Schlepp singles to right with two outs. Another single by Headley puts runners at 1st and 3rd. Ben Miller grounds out to 2nd to end the inning.

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Top 6th)

One out HBP and an advance on FC puts a runner on 2nd with two outs. The next batter flies out to right.

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Bottom 6th)

Dilday with a two out single up the middle. Schreiber pops out the 1st to end the inning.

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Top 7th)

Three up three down for the Horns. Schlepp with an awesome snag to get the 3rd out.

Re: Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Bottom 7th)

Originally posted by RobsterMobster:
Three up three down for the Skers. It was weird typing that just now.
First time today, right?

Re: Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Bottom 5th)

Wes gets a leadoff single to right but then Boldt hits into a double play. Questionable call at 1st. Schlepp singles to right with two outs. Another single by Headley puts runners at 1st and 3rd. Ben Miller grounds out to 2nd to end the inning.
Yeah he was definitely safe. Not to mention he probably would scored on the 2nd single as it wasn't right at the outfielder

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-0 Top 8th)

Three up three down for the Horns again! Who'd a thought Kubat and Sinclair wouldn't be the best starter of the weekend? Ha

Kinda hate to say it but..., sorta getting used to this pitching. Starting to expect it. Really liked the surprise and wonder it represented and now it's an everyday thing.

Iowa about to sweep Indiana. Hate it that we're going to Iowa City yet again.

I think it's four years in a row playing at Iowa?
Been. Fo. Evar!

Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers lead 6-2 Top 9th)

Burkamper gives up a leadoff double to left but does retire the next runner to get the first out. The runner then steals 3rd. He then gives up a two run jack to end the shutout. Next the singles to right. Great game by Burkamper though so you really can't complain too much. :)

Roeder to pitch for Burkamper to close it up! One out.

#somersaults #backflips

party0023.r191677.gif

I think it's four years in a row playing at Iowa?
3 years in a row. We had the series here in 2012-won it 2-1 on a dramatic 9th inning comeback in the 3rd game.

Re: Nebraska vs. Texas (Huskers win 6-2)

I was wrong. A sweep was a realistic expectation. :)

Nebraska held Texas to 11 hits and three runs in 33 innings. Let that sink in for a minute...

Too bad we could snag that one from CSF just because. How's that for greedy? Ha

Too bad we could snag that one from CSF just because. How's that for greedy? Ha
4-1 was the best I thought we could hope for, but I figured it would be 2-0 against CSF and 2-1 against Texas. Didn't think there was much chance we would sweep Texas. First sweep over them since 1999. We couldn't even sweep them during our great run in the early-mid 2000s. Think this evens up the series history between the two teams now too.

ADVERTISEMENT