1B - Austin Christensen
LF - Christian Cox
SS- Jake Placzek

TV: None
Audio Stream: Huskers.com | Video Stream: BTN Plus
Radio: Husker Sports Network

GBR!

Top 1st

Miller coaxes a two out walk, Lubach pops up to 3rd to end the top half.

Bottom 1st

Two out error on Placzek allows for the 1st Hawkeye runner, the next batter singles to RF to put runners on 1st and 3rd. The next batter walks to load the bases. Another single brings in another runner to make it 3-0. Another error, this one on Schlepp, loads the bases again. Groundout to SS ends a horrible start for the Skers.

Bottom 2nd

Leadoff single for the Hawkeyes, SAC bunt moves the runner to 2nd. fly out to CF, the runner advances to 3rd on the tag. Fly out to LF ends the inning.

Looks like we came to stake our claim on 7th place in the B1G. Sigh..

Top 5th

AC with a two out double! Cox walks to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Both runners move up a bag on a passed ball. Placzek grounds out to 3rd to end the threat.

Bottom 5th

leadoff infield single for the Hawkeyes but a 4-6-3 double play clears the bags for two outs! line out to 1st ends the inning.

Top 6th

Boldt with a leadoff single, Schlepp flies out to CF, Miller with a much needed two run blast to LF!!! Lubach grounds out to SS, Headley walks and Darby lays down a great bunt, on the play the throw is wild and Darby collides with the 1st baseman, Headley advances to 3rd and Darby advances to 2nd on an interference call. Pitching change for Iowa.

AC grounds out to 1st to end the threat.

Top 7th

Placzek with a one out walk, Boldt with a single past 2nd to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Schlepp with a SAC bunt (attempting to bunt for a hit and it almost worked), the runners advance up a bag. Miller intentionally walked to load the bases. Lubach grounds out to end the threat.

Bottom 7th

leadoff single and a SAC bunt puts a runner on 2nd. groundout to 1st advances the runner to 3rd with 2 outs. Sinclairs day is now over as Jeff Chesnut comes into pitch. Infield RBI single for the Hawkeyes. Fly out to CF ends the inning.

Top 8th

Darby with a one out single. AC hits a fly ball to the warning track and the ball is dropped but Darby is out at 2nd on the force out. In other words our luck is bad and Iowa has all of the luck this game. Alvarado flies out to end the top half.

Reactions: elvi108
Bottom 8th

Jake Hohensee in to pitch and a 1-2-3 inning takes us to the top of the 9th.

Top 9th

Leadoff walk for Placzek. Boldt with a single to LF to put runners on 1st and 2nd! Pitching change for Iowa.

Schlepp flies out to CF (great play to take away a hit). Miller hits a ball in the gap but another great catch for out #2. Placzek tags up and heads to 3rd on the play. Lubach with an RBI single also puts runners on the corners with two outs. Headley walks on four straight pitches. Darby grounds out to end the game.

We blew this one boys, no other way to explain it away.

Chance after chance after chance in this game and we can't come through.. This is why it is so hard to have any faith in this team right now.

Yep, that's what we are. No other way to say it. Frankly, if I was making predictions right now, I would say we don't even get in the NCAA tournament. Like I said before, I have no faith in this team right now.

Yep, that's what we are. No other way to say it. Frankly, if I was making predictions right now, I would say we don't even get in the NCAA tournament. Like I said before, I have no faith in this team right now.
We are one series loss against Purdue or NW from being in serious danger If we don't sweep tomorrow.

Chance after chance after chance in this game and we can't come through.. This is why it is so hard to have any faith in this team right now.
Yes we had chances but hard luck games happen and this was one of them.

We have 30 wins on a 22 SOS. And this a week before May. No reason to lose faith b/c of this game.

Fact is we chased Hickman after 5 2/3 innings. Stretched him out to 104 pitches. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

All BS aside, this was a good game between what I think are two evenly matched teams on the weekend. Here is hoping to two more hard fought games where both teams battle.

Reactions: cruhawk
Yes we had chances but hard luck games happen and this was one of them.

We have 30 wins on a 22 SOS. And this a week before May. No reason to lose faith b/c of this game.

Fact is we chased Hickman after 5 2/3 innings. Stretched him out to 104 pitches. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
2-9 vs top 50 RPI teams. We are giving the committee a reason to leave us out if we don't finish strong.

Don't we pretty much know what's going to happen tomorrow? We'll strand 23 runners on base and lose 1-0.

Don't we pretty much know what's going to happen tomorrow? We'll strand 23 runners on base and lose 1-0.
That's seems about right for an Erstad offense. We could very well go 2-0 also but this team hasn't been able to beat good teams on the road so unlikely. I would say getting 1 is a must.

That's seems about right for an Erstad offense. We could very well go 2-0 also but this team hasn't been able to beat good teams on the road so unlikely. I would say getting 1 is a must.

I watched the series between A&M and LSU this weekend and my oh my do we have a long long way to go before we are anywhere close to that level. The frustrating thing is I`m not sure we will ever get close to being elite. Heck we are barely middle of the road in the Big 10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT