ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska-Iowa Baseball Time Change

Jeez, I had to come here to find that out?! Iowa fans love to dog the Athletic Department when possible but this should create a tremendous atmosphere for this series.

Should start to fill up now that they are ranked. Lot of fair weather fans in Herkie land. Just seen the first ever facebook post about Iowa baseball from a friend of mine on Sunday night talking smack. Pretty funny stuff that he used the newspaper poll that they are ranked #15 as the only ranking. Wonder if Husker fans will outnumber Iowa fans in this game. Will be fun to watch.

Originally posted by donahues17:

Should start to fill up now that they are ranked. Lot of fair weather fans in Herkie land. Just seen the first ever facebook post about Iowa baseball from a friend of mine on Sunday night talking smack. Pretty funny stuff that he used the newspaper poll that they are ranked #15 as the only ranking. Wonder if Husker fans will outnumber Iowa fans in this game. Will be fun to watch.
To be fair Iowa hasn't made the NCAA Tournament since 1990. From a Husker perspective, it may be best to view Iowa such as before the Dave Van Horn and early Mike Anderson eras. Iowa baseball hasn't been relevant in twenty years until the last fourteen months.

Originally posted by 2bagger22:

To be fair Iowa hasn't made the NCAA Tournament since 1990. From a Husker perspective, it may be best to view Iowa such as before the Dave Van Horn and early Mike Anderson eras. Iowa baseball hasn't been relevant in twenty years until the last fourteen months.
Nebraska has its fair share for fair weather fans as well. The ones I enjoy the most are the ones who haven't paid attention all year but then pretend to know everything there ever was about Husker Baseball and the Darin Erstad Era.

Originally posted by RobsterMobster:
Originally posted by 2bagger22:

Nebraska has its fair share for fair weather fans as well. The ones I enjoy the most are the ones who haven't paid attention all year but then pretend to know everything there ever was about Husker Baseball and the Darin Erstad Era.
In every sport

Originally posted by huskerbaseball13:
I don't think there is a team/program that exists that doesn't have some fair weather fans.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
This is true, people likes a winner, good problem to have though, compared to nobody caring.

Does anyone know how much that stadium holds ? I planed on going with one of my Iowa buddies of the weather is good.

Originally posted by scarletred:
Does anyone know how much that stadium holds ? I planed on going with one of my Iowa buddies of the weather is good.
Duane Banks holds 3,000. It's bleacher style down the baselines and permanent seat backs behind home plate. It's a nice venue sitting between Kinnick and the Carver Hawkeye Arena. I plan on taking my kids Saturday, so also hoping for some great weather. Excited to see the new field and video board, and will be really excited when they re do the stadium and press box which should be coming shortly.

More than you asked for but love me some baseball.

They had nearly 2,000 for the Saturday game against NW and it looked pretty darn full. OKPlayer76--if you haven't seen the new field turf, it is pretty impressive. They definitely put some money into the stadium.

With the spring game kicking off before baseball, I would expect a good crowd, especially if those leaving football decide to catch some baseball too! Considering how the FB looked in their first open practice......people may leave early to get a good seat at Banks Field!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT