ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan transfers

Anegada1

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2019
Omaha, Ne
Has anyone heard any fall out with potential Michigan transfers given Harbaugh's exit ? I'm sure it's a pipedream but it would be sweet to have earnest come back home...

He's a stud. Played for the best team in the country last year. You take him any way you can and he'd be the best linebacker on the team.
If you're paying attention you know that team culture is a key part of what Rhule is building. How do you think bringing back Hausman would play in the locker room? Like a turd in a punch bowl. Not gonna happen.

If Michigan hires Sherrone Moore as expected, there will be minimal transfers, if any.

If Michigan hires an outsider then their entire roster will hit the portal.
highly doubt that losing their legendary HC and stud DC won't result in multiple transfers.

Reactions: blackbones
If you're paying attention you know that team culture is a key part of what Rhule is building. How do you think bringing back Hausman would play in the locker room? Like a turd in a punch bowl. Not gonna happen.
So you would turn down a guy who played a decent amount for the best team in the nation last year, a guy who would likely be the best player at the position, and a guy from NE all because he left after the Frost trainwreck. Rhule would take him without hesitation.

So you would turn down a guy who played a decent amount for the best team in the nation last year, a guy who would likely be the best player at the position, and a guy from NE all because he left after the Frost trainwreck. Rhule would take him without hesitation.
we all know harbaugh was tampering with earnest during the 22 season he took the bait and left, i agree he wouldn’t fit well with his former teammates who stuck around and he bailed on them, if he decides to transfer and I’m coach Rhule l would go after him but not very aggressive that way people don’t give coach crap about not going after him when earnest chooses another school

Reactions: Laner2
Yeah I'm thinking pass. Hopefully he's front and center of tampering investigation and ultimate sanctions. Ain't nobody got time for that. He bailed before giving us a chance to talk

The guy who lives by the credo “one of us”? Yeah, he definitely would not take him back.

Nope, he never gave Rhule a chance he left before he was hired, he needs to stay

He can pound sand.....

Stay where you are, Ernest

We’ll be fine without him ..He made his decision he isn’t interested in coming back...

The guy who lives by the credo “one of us”? Yeah, he definitely would not take him back.

I'm sure glad Rhule didn't take the same teenage girl approach as some of you guys when DR told us to beat it...then wanted to come back.

This is business. Adults understand this and don't throw their suckers in the dirt just because some feeling might get hurt. With his talent, you take him all day and expect everyone to act mature about it.

Yep. F him. He left when we needed him and didn’t look back. We dont Need him now.

Draw the line somewhere. Some of these people must take back their girl back after she goes and screws another guy for a month. Sometimes it just wasn't meant to be.

Raiola was never on the team and left. Not even close to the same.

Can you honestly say it was a mistake that he left lol... JFC

He had the 3rd most tackles for Michigan in 2023.. He's a big part of a national championship team lol..

THE BUTTHURT IS STRONG

Couldn't care less if it was a mistake or not. He gave Nebraska the finger and I'm giving it right back at him. 🖕

I'm sure glad Rhule didn't take the same teenage girl approach as some of you guys when DR told us to beat it...then wanted to come back.

This is business. Adults understand this and don't throw their suckers in the dirt just because some feeling might get hurt. With his talent, you take him all day and expect everyone to act mature about it.
It’s actually the opposite. The teenage girl would date the varsity QB, he would cheat on her and then she would take him back.

All just because “well he’s the varsity QB and he said he loves me now”.

And everyone would know she’s a doormat and think of her as such.

The girl who has self respect and wants the stronger reputation will tell the QB to pound sand.

Sure she might not be dating the QB anymore but long term it’s the right call towards “building the culture”. The first step is setting a tone and sticking to it despite conditions that would make it easy to sway from your plan.

It’s why Rhule has told Nebraska HS recruits if they go elsewhere they can’t come back. Love it.

It’s actually the opposite. The teenage girl would date the varsity QB, he would cheat on her and then she would take him back.

All just because “well he’s the varsity QB and he said he loves me now”.

And everyone would know she’s a doormat and think of her as such.

The girl who has self respect and wants the stronger reputation will tell the QB to pound sand.

Sure she might not be dating the QB anymore but long term it’s the right call towards “building the culture”. The first step is setting a tone and sticking to it despite conditions that would make it easy to sway from your plan.

It’s why Rhule has told Nebraska HS recruits if they go elsewhere they can’t come back. Love it.
Exactly what kind of tone/message do you set when MR mentions that he’s not trying to bring a lot of transfers in because he prefers to cultivate his high school guys…that would go against what he believes in… especially some cat that turn his back on a new coaching change in the program.

Poster says a comment- “act like adults and be mature?“. How about we turn the page and not think one linebacker is bigger then the program, I’d say that would be a mature adult approach.

Agreed !

I think it’s kind of comical there so much back and forth about a situation that’s not even in the works. At least see if he goes into the portal, then the speculation can begin. For all we know, he loved it in Michigan and has great relationships with teammates and wouldn’t want to leave regardless who the coach is.

Not much of a comparison, Dylan was never on the team to start with. Ernest was on the team and he quit the team. No thanks he can stay at Michigan.

Not much of a comparison, Dylan was never on the team to start with. Ernest was on the team and he quit the team. No thanks he can stay at Michigan.
To be fair , you could say that every transfer in that we have got quit on their team, so are they any different ?

Guess I never heard that one...that Rhule said if you go somewhere else you can't come back. Must have missed it

Reactions: HUSKERBILL
To be fair , you could say that every transfer in that we have got quit on their team, so are they any different ?
Well, they went to a different team, they didn’t go back to the team they quit on. So… yes… different. Seems pretty obvious.

Reactions: Huzkers25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT