ADVERTISEMENT

M. Juarez Recruitment Heating Up

I would imagine that would lead a lot of other highly rated recruits to take a serious look at NU.

Is there a bigger jump in coaching than what we had at the LBS position to what we now have? (other than head coach)

Offensive coordinator took a huge jump too. There are 3 past defensive coordinators on our new defensive staff that are light years better than Papuchis was.

Push between ron brown and reggie davis. Also, not sure we upgraded at DL coach either.

Im all for coach Brown as a good guy and all, but as a RB coach only, he left something to be desired, the Lions have said they aren't worried about Ameers fumbling issues one bit because it is a simple technique issue where he carries the ball wrong. If that is the case, We have had fumbling issues for quite awhile now and if that is the problem, That's kind of embarrassing.

So we can all agree that, virtually, every coaching change was an upgrade.
Ugh...just thinking about some of the coaches on Bo's staff makes me shudder. Ross "You can't recruit to Nebraska" Els leading the way. So far, even though it's an extremely small sample size (recruiting, spring workouts) these names are upgrades over the last, easily:

Riley
Bray
Banker
Williams
Cav (better than Cotton, but I thought Garrison was good)
Philipp
Langsdorf

Last edited:
Ugh...just thinking about some of the coaches on Bo's staff makes me shudder. Ross "You can't recruit to Nebraska" Els leading the way. So far, even though it's an extremely small sample size (recruiting, spring workouts) these names are upgrades over the last, easily:

Riley
Bray
Banker
Williams
Cav (better than Cotton, but I thought Garrison was good)

Honestly, there isn't a coach from the previous staff I'd have kept. When the transition first happened, I did advocate for Fisher to be kept, but that was so naïve on my part. I wouldn't trade Williams for anyone.

Honestly, there isn't a coach from the previous staff I'd have kept. When the transition first happened, I did advocate for Fisher to be kept, but that was so naïve on my part. I wouldn't trade Williams for anyone.
I should've included Langsdorf and Philipp on my list. Davis, Hughes and Stewart haven't really moved the needle much for me yet but I'm sure they will. It's early.

Reactions: Husk10
I should've included Langsdorf and Philipp on my list. Davis, Hughes and Stewart haven't really moved the needle much for me yet but I'm sure they will. It's early.

Philipp might have been one of the most important changes on staff. Important for the season and important for the players careers and longevity.

Philipp might have been one of the most important changes on staff. Important for the season and important for the players careers and longevity.
This might sound like a reach, but the players looked a little more jacked than they did in previous years. Gotta credit Philipp.

This might sound like a reach, but the players looked a little more jacked than they did in previous years. Gotta credit Philipp.

You can read what they say on Twitter and most are talking about his workouts and how intense they are. It might just be lip-service, but, it's encouraging.

Also, Bray is a mega upgrade. He needs to be kept on and see a big increase in salary. I'd make monthly payments to keep that guy on hand.

You can read what they say on Twitter and most are talking about his workouts and how intense they are. It might just be lip-service, but, it's encouraging.

Also, Bray is a mega upgrade. He needs to be kept on and see a big increase in salary. I'd make monthly payments to keep that guy on hand.
Agreed. And I guarantee other schools are taking notice. Need to open the checkbook a bit for Bray, he's earned it.

ADVERTISEMENT