ADVERTISEMENT

Kiss Terry Wilson goodbye...

Hoosker Du

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2001
Listening to him on 1620 and he is discussing how Oregon's offense fits him better. He is also thinking about a visit to San Diego State. But...he is still 100% comnitted to Nebraska??

I wish the kid well. But I think he needs to understand what 100% committed means. He's not close to 100%.

Sorry to hear that. I really want our recruits to embrace competition. It's been a mistake in the past to not to make every position open.

Hey, it is what it is. The kid is taking his visit to Eugene in October, and has apparently changed his visit date to Lincoln for the Wisconsin game to do so.

It is just another reminder that these are teenage kids, and there are no guarantees.

A lot can happen in recruiting. Oregon could get another verbal from a QB (they already have one) and the door could close for him. Nebraska's coaches need to keep recruiting him hard, and keep their options open for another QB should he decommit. It ain't over until the faxed LOI's are in.

Hope not. I would rather have him then O Brien.

It's always about playing time. If a highly rated QB thinks he can get early playing time, he will generally take that route.

And let's stop with open competition mess. Every year we hear that from every coach, yet the exact guys we expect to play or we don't want to play keep taking the field.

Uhhh no. Honestly I'll be surprised if he actually visits Oregon. Wilson talks to the coaches all the time and has built relationships with commits and potential Nebraska recruits. He moved his visit up to the South Alabama and believe that will seal the deal for him.

Oh and most importantly, his mom LOVES Nebraska and Coach Riley. Mom's influence is strong with this one, and it favors Nebraska immensely

Last edited:
Reactions: sparky62
And the realism train continues...
FIFY

"Realist" is a word pessimists use to feel better about themselves.

Don't hide behind words, be proud of your pessimism!

FIFY

Thanks for the in-depth analysis, Dr. Chopra. What are you, 12 years old?

Listening to him on 1620 and he is discussing how Oregon's offense fits him better. He is also thinking about a visit to San Diego State. But...he is still 100% comnitted to Nebraska??

I wish the kid well. But I think he needs to understand what 100% committed means. He's not close to 100%.
Just take him off the committee list already...good gawd!!! Games games games...

Wilson might like what Nebraska's offense looks like but just doesn't know it yet. Coach Riley mentioned studying the Ducks and the Eagles offense (among others), and Tommy said they'll still run some stuff they ran last year. I'm not convinced it's over yet. Unless of course, he's a Nike guy. ;)

Reactions: arf_man
Such a loser mentality by some. NU still has the strongest relationship with the young man, and when he states he might visit SDSU, sounds like he's taking the opportunity to see nice places he's never been too. If I could choose 5 mini vacations, and check out free games, I'm taking them. He's sold on NU, so look at the need to not choose one of our best home games for his OV as a positive.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Such a loser mentality by some. NU still has the strongest relationship with the young man, and when he states he might visit SDSU, sounds like he's taking the opportunity to see nice places he's never been too. If I could choose 5 mini vacations, and check out free games, I'm taking them. He's sold on NU, so look at the need to not choose one of our best home games for his OV as a positive.

I'll just assume you heard the interview today, and will ask you what you took from the interview that made you think he was 100%? I was listening to the interview from the perspective that he was locked up, but my opinion changed by the end of the interview. And you could tell John and Josh were a but surprised by his responses during the interview.

Last edited:
Personally I think the kid stays here. Let him visit. MR will reel him back in.

Reactions: suhnami
Where ever he wants to go. Its his business, his life. Would like to see him at Nebraska but that is his choice right now. I don't get all of the negative towards him for even thinking he might decommit. I find it interesting when someone changes their mind from Good Ole U to come to Nebraska, then it is OK I guess. Whatever. Want the kid to be happy and make up his own mind.

Reactions: sparky62
FIFY

Isn't pessimist a word the ignorant use to discount the pessimists?

And until we see how Armstrong is used I think it is extremely premature to claim which offense fits what. Let's see where this all is in October and November after he's played some games during his senior year of high school.

Man... first Stevenson went to Miami and now this kid is going to Oregon. Rough week for the Huskers.

Isn't pessimist a word the ignorant use to discount the pessimists?

And until we see how Armstrong is used I think it is extremely premature to claim which offense fits what. Let's see where this all is in October and November after he's played some games during his senior year of high school.
My opinion is that the type of offense neb employs means little because terry wilson has enough talent to be successful in any

Reactions: baseball31ne
Let the kid visit. We should be confident in Nebraska. It's the kid's choice. He has to be worried about his education after all.

MR knows Oregon more than any other coach in America. I have faith in his ability to sell the university to him and his family.

Put it all on the table and let the kid decide what's best for him. Nebraska and its outstanding reputation for academics and football.... Or Oregon and their uniforms.

If Terry wants to make it to the NFL as a QB, he will have the best coaching staff here to prepare him. He is not going to get that kind of coaching at Oregon, and that isn't a big dig against Scott Frost either. Riley and Langsdorf really are at the top of their game in QB development.

I hope we keep him. He's got all the right stuff.

If Terry wants to make it to the NFL as a QB, he will have the best coaching staff here to prepare him. He is not going to get that kind of coaching at Oregon, and that isn't a big dig against Scott Frost either. Riley and Langsdorf really are at the top of their game in QB development.

I hope we keep him. He's got all the right stuff.
Marcus mariotta just got taken in 1st rd. But in general, I agree that oregon doesn't have same historical success as coach riley in putting QBs in the NFL

I'll just assume you heard the interview today, and will ask you what you took from the interview that made you think he was 100%? I was listening to the interview from the perspective that he was locked up, but my opinion changed by the end of the interview. And you could tell John and Josh were a but surprised by his responses during the interview.

Didn't say that he was 100% committed, but I think Oregon has a lot of ground to make up over NU. I can't quote verbatim, but he also mentioned what he thinks NU might do with TA this year that could seal the deal. We don't know what Riley and Langsdorf are going to do exactly, but I'm 90% sure the QB run game will still be featured in the offense, which is what Wilson would like to see.

Think of where NU stands in the race (one of the first big schools to offer, got the commit, has actually had the coaches interact with him at camp, and constant communication), then consider what Oregon has done (contact, offer, had an unofficial visit canceled, and setup an official). Wilson will make the choice that's best for him, and I think he'll eventually end up in Red.

Reactions: jackie_moon33
So what's your point? Again with the condescending remarks.
I think we win 11 games this year (and maybe 12 with a bowl game)...that's not condescending.
I stand up for Fyfe...that's not condescending.
I thought Gerry was a good player but filled the wrong holes. That's analysis...not condescension.
I think someone at 6' 3" and a 190 pounds is a stick. Feel free to argue differently but that is hardly condescension.

I would love to see all of these condescending remarks you are talking about.

I think we win 11 games this year (and maybe 12 with a bowl game)...that's not condescending.
I thought Gerry was a good player but filled the wrong holes. That's analysis...not condescension.
I think someone at 6' 3" and a 190 pounds is a stick. Feel free to argue differently but that is hardly condescension.

When you say someone is a stick, it's implying they lack strength, toughness, or is fragile. Your point is he's thin and nothing more. My counter is okay, S&C causes kids to grow pretty good. Mariota was 6'4" 185#. Carry on though.

I think the difference is we don't often see when you are complimentary, but if you perceive there's something wrong you are quick to point it out. Not saying you are never positive or complimentary, but you do seem to be much quicker on the draw with the negative things and the things that are wrong with the program / fans / this board.

This is my "analysis".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT