ADVERTISEMENT

Kaminsky looks good early in rookie camp

Kaminsky is going to struggle a bit using that fake at the top of the key and then drive move, as his ball handling skills are not up to NBA level and he is going to consistently be facing much quicker guys who can muscle him on the drive. But his drop step is the best long drop I have seen coming out of college since Kevin McHale. He has also shown the work ethic to improve. I think he is going to be a very good pro, possibly a great one.

Kaminsky is going to struggle a bit using that fake at the top of the key and then drive move, as his ball handling skills are not up to NBA level and he is going to consistently be facing much quicker guys who can muscle him on the drive. But his drop step is the best long drop I have seen coming out of college since Kevin McHale. He has also shown the work ethic to improve. I think he is going to be a very good pro, possibly a great one.

You're right. The talent level ratches up by a magnitude of ten once you join the NBA. Instead of being the best player on the floor you are now among a handful of best players at any one time. I did see a lot of good in those early rookie contests. It will be fun to watch.

He'll be a terrible pro. Not athletic or quick enough to be a four and not big, strong enough to be a five. MJ with another hiddeous draft pick.

hard to make much out of rookie camp and summer league. Mcdermott tore up summer league last year and ended up hardly playing, though he did get injured early. i think both will be solid pros, but hard to gauge at this point still.

he needs to find a left hand. he ends up going right about 95% of the time.

In that video I saw him "go left". Even the announcers made something of it. That's hard for me as I almost always go right. It's my strength. Some are more hard-wired than others. The verdict is still out, but Kaminsky can play. Just how good will he develop in the pros is the question. My thoughts are that his basketball IQ is fairly high. That makes up for a lot in athleticism. Larry Bird did not have Michael Jordan nor Magic Johnson athleticism, but he'd out think and out hustle everyone out on the court. I'm not saying that Kiminsky is the second coming of Bird. Hell no. On the other hand, I think that he needs to be his own man and find out where he fits.He looked pretty good in college. All those athletes @ Duke and Kentucky didn't seem to phase him.

In that video I saw him "go left". Even the announcers made something of it. That's hard for me as I almost always go right. It's my strength. Some are more hard-wired than others. The verdict is still out, but Kaminsky can play. Just how good will he develop in the pros is the question. My thoughts are that his basketball IQ is fairly high. That makes up for a lot in athleticism. Larry Bird did not have Michael Jordan nor Magic Johnson athleticism, but he'd out think and out hustle everyone out on the court. I'm not saying that Kiminsky is the second coming of Bird. Hell no. On the other hand, I think that he needs to be his own man and find out where he fits.He looked pretty good in college. All those athletes @ Duke and Kentucky didn't seem to phase him.

Ummm, Duke inserted Amile Jefferson on Kaminsky mid way through the second half of the championship game and he pretty much shut him down. FK will face guys bigger and more athletic than Jefferson every night, he has no chance at being nothing but a spot of shooting big for somebody. His only shot is to hit the weight room like a monster and try to develop into a 5. He won't be a productive power forward at this level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT