ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Roeder been berry, berry good to us.

k9_r

Offensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
How good has Josh Roeder been? Check it out.

12 appearances, 10 saves. 3.18 ERA, 11.1 IP, 8 Hits, 4 Runs (all earned), 2 BB, 15 Ks, .195 BAA.

But it gets better. He's had just one bad inning. Came in for the 9th vs Hawaii leading 4-0. Gave up three runs on three hits and a walk in 2/3 inning. Howell came in and got the last out for the win.

Take away that one inning and his line is rather spectacular.

11 appearances, 10 saves. 0.84 ERA. 10.2 IP, 5 Hits, 1 Run (earned), 1 BB, 14 Ks, .139 BAA.

He's been a really big reason for much of our success.

This post was edited on 4/8 11:03 AM by k9_r

He really is what Erstad says...Just has that closer mentality. Almost not a very good pitcher when he comes in with a comfortable lead. Put 3 guys on with a 1 run lead and he's striking out the side. Just incredible competitor.

Originally posted by sklarbodds:
He really is what Erstad says...Just has that closer mentality. Almost not a very good pitcher when he comes in with a comfortable lead. Put 3 guys on with a 1 run lead and he's striking out the side. Just incredible competitor.
Right. He did that at Irvine in one of his early appearances as a Husker. Wouldn't want to be one of those three Anteater base runners walking back to the dugout after that third out.
laugh.r191677.gif

If you are going to use Enter Sandman as a closer, you should probably be the goods
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
If you are going to use Enter Sandman as a closer, you should probably be the goods
THIS^^ But so far he is deserving of that kind of hype. Love it at Haymarket park when we get to the later innings and you either hear "Enter Sandman" come on for Roeder or you hear "Wild Thing" for Jeff Chesnut.... Fun stuff. Our back of the bullpen is solid this year which I didn't fully expect coming into the season. Props to Ted Silva and each individual player who has made it that way so far this year

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
Right, right because a walk up song carries profound meaning with deep impact.

Look, I entered the OP just to add my voice to the praise he's justly earned. If I thought he was Superman I'd likely sit back in awe and say nothing. But he's not Superman, so....

Sorry if I came across as negative. It really wasn't meant to be at all. Every time he comes out, I grin from ear to ear. Hearing that is awesome, and an homage to Mo. And I hate the Yankees so this is legit respect.

Josh has been great this year! BUT. I still say a little prayer when he comes in :)

If it's not a save situation, pray hard! :) If it is, no worries.

I will say this, though: In the past, he's had a penchant for letting a runner or two on base. Other than the one hiccup (not a save situation...) he's pretty much mowed 'em down consistently this season.

This post was edited on 4/10 1:10 PM by coolonetoo

We have won all 15 games where Josh has made an appearance.

Originally posted by scarletred:

Originally posted by k9_r:
We have won all 15 games where Josh has made an appearance.
With only 2 hits it all came to an end yesterday.
Sure did. Damn kid hit a 0-2 pitch over Josh's head.

ADVERTISEMENT