ADVERTISEMENT

I've watched Nebraska 3 times this season... have to say

SBendguy

Graduate Assistant
Feb 5, 2010
Your team is really a tough out for anybody. Just wondering how badly the Ubel injury will hurt. Purdue would be a winnable game (based on what I say from you guys vs UM and MSU) with him in the lineup. Is there a "next man up" that can minimize the effects of Ubel's injury and still make this a winnable game?

Ubel is the leader of the team. It hurts that much more because we are already low on numbers. We played a 7 man rotation, with only 6 scholarship players. So as far as "next man up", there really isnt one right now. We have a 7ft freshmen, but he's just not ready to play yet. I think at this point, our best option (lesser of 2 evils) is to play the smaller lineup and try to create mismatches in unexpected ways. Coach Miles and staff are getting everything possible out of this group. I said before the season started, and still think, that we'll play that one or two great game(s) and pull off a win that makes everyone scratch their head and wonder how it ever happened. GBR

Well, you guys had us (IU fans) scratching our heads last season
3dgrin.r191677.gif
This season, I'm just really impressed with how you defend. I don't remember the guys name but against UM he kept getting good looks from beyond the arc but ended up hitting less than 20% of them. I watched you guys early vs Valpo and you know, Valpo is really nothing to sneeze at and again, you guys defended well and you executed IN your offense really well that game. Good luck to you guys Wednesday... the enemy of my enemy is my friend. n fact good luck to you guys every night except for that one in Bloomington, IN.
This post was edited on 1/14 2:09 PM by SBendguy

Both Talley and Gallegos are capable of getting hot and shooting lights out from 3. The problem is, they can also go equally as cold. unfortunatly they've both been cold at the same time more then hot at the same time. Its the difference between us scoring 40 and 65.

Originally posted by Husker D:

Both Talley and Gallegos are capable of getting hot and shooting lights out from 3. The problem is, they can also go equally as cold. unfortunatly they've both been cold at the same time more then hot at the same time. Its the difference between us scoring 40 and 65.
Gallegos is who I was talking about. He was really getting a lot of nice looks but just wasn't able to bury many of them.

Again, Nebraska hes lookd good defensively the times I've seen them. Even without Ubel, if you can force Purdue to take jumpers they're doomed.

I saw Nebraska twice against Purdue last year and I say Nebraska had a good coach, yet, they fired him. lolololololololololololool
This post was edited on 1/16 6:59 PM by Johnnyrailsplitter

Originally posted by rick_stanzi:

Almeida is a goon/punk and should switch to football
Must be an delusional Iowa fan. Aaron White is a little b$%#^ that can't take a good, hard foul. I would have fouled his ass too if he slapped my hand away while I was trying to help him up off the court. White = classless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT