ADVERTISEMENT

It's Monday morning and ten regionals are still up for grabs.

k9_r

Offensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
Seems like a lot. Rain postponements caused some of this and upsets caused the rest. So far, just six teams have advanced to the Supers.
Florida - National seed
Missouri St - National seed
Louisville - National seed
Fullerton - One seed
Arkansas - Two seed
Virginia - Three seed

Three 1 seeds are gone - OK St, Houston and Santa Barbara. Nine others are still playing.

One 4 seed is still alive.
VCU (RPI 97) - WW

Two 4 seeds made it to a fourth game before elimination.
Saint John's (RPI 66) - LWWL
Pepperdine (RPI 113) - LWWL

Four others got to a 3rd game and 9 went 2 'n 'cue.

On a side note: Rice and Houston played 20 innings last night. Rice wins 3-2 and meets La-La for the title. La-La (3 seed) is 2-0, Rice (2 seed) is 2-1.

20 innings is a ton. Talk about destroying your batting average - 1 for 9, 2/9, 1/8, 2/8... that stuff was up and down both rosters. Of course, after 20, there were plenty of hits - 26 of them, but just 5 runs. 30 total left on base. Lots of pitchers, right? Nope. Three pitchers for each side. Both final pitchers went 9 innings.

Is that good baseball? I would have never come close to sticking around for the end.

Reactions: sklarbodds
You couldn't have paid me to leave a a game like that.
See the ball, hit the ball, run the bases. That's a major part of baseball and was absent for 20 innings.

I love a pitcher's duel and especially love great defense but 20 innings is way past time for the bats to start working, iyam.

I also have a really hard time believing those finishing pitchers were that good for 9 innings each. Doesn't make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT