ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Twitter conversation

Yeah, it must have been different last spring for LeRoy. I mean, he actually was allowed to appear in uniform, on the field in a competitive nature.

bxkoQyh.png

Its a new world for both of these guys. Gregory is about the get a lot of money and beat on and get to beat on professionals, not sure if he can hold up. Leroy, well he is trying to go back in time so to speak to be with the coach who was in charge when he got himself suspended for a year.

Sad that they think that staff was good for them, and ignored their obvious need for a real leader. I would love it too if I had a boss that let me cheat and do things nobody else can get away with.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Sad that they think that staff was good for them, and ignored their obvious need for a real leader. I would love it too if I had a boss that let me cheat and do things nobody else can get away with.

Yep....I understand trying to be loyal to your old coach after being spoon fed lies and crap for a couple years but you'd think him losing his lunch on the first day of workouts in Dallas, he'd realize he was not getting a true leader in college.

Why post this crap...half of you were on both their nuts when they were here.

Of course these kids are going to like their old coach..he gave them scholarships.

If Riley cant win 9 games here his first year then he will be considered a garbage coach and we will be the laughing stock of college football.

I didn't care for Pelini, in particular his disdain for the fanbase. However, let's not characterize him as the AntiChrist. It's clear that many of Bo's players loved him, and that is a sign of leadership. Pelini clearly cared about the kids in his program. As for Gregory and Alexander, I wish them well. In particular, I hope that they can successfully cast off the habits that hold them back from reaching their dreams.

Reactions: jeans15

Of course these kids are going to like their old coach..he gave them scholarships.

If Riley cant win 9 games here his first year then he will be considered a garbage coach and we will be the laughing stock of college football.
Agreed with everything until your last paragraph... Unbelievable how there are so many that are putting so much on the first season.

smh...

Reactions: Husk10

Well I guess I am part of the other half. When Bo went all ape $hit at midfield on Snyder while he was DC, that showed me all I needed to see about him. As for Gregory.....he took this past year off in my book. No nut sack love there for me on either one.

And for being the laughing stock if Riley doesn't win 9? Pretty sure that boat sailed years ago after being shalacked in the B1G conf champ game vs a 7-6 Whisky team. Gained momentum during tape-gate 1. Hit super sonic speed during the Melvin Gordon show this past year. Supernova after tape-gate 2.

But yeah, let's pretend Nebraska will only be a laughing stock if the great 9-win threshold of the all-powerful Bo doesn't happen this year!

Sorry I'm not lowering my expectations....9 wins puts us in position to win our division.This division sucks....so I expect someone who is suppose to be an improvement to do at least as well. You guys are lowering expectations at Nebraska, really?

Bo went through the same thing Riley is about to do and won 9 games and should have won the conference in year 2

This is not a rebuilding project...if it is....we are in serious trouble.

Freakin Baylor, TCU, Minnesota have passed us up...and you think we can afford to go backwards...cmon guys.

I think we can get to 11 or 12. Shoot, we play exactly one team that is in the top 25 in any of the preseason rankings that I have seen. (This is a team with an all-conference qb who graduated and who we were one finger tip catch away from defeating on their home turf.) I think we win our division.

Last edited:
these two guys had a conversation in public and people are commenting on it. Yep people do that all the time.

We were considered easy to laugh at the last few years with the Xbox scores our opponents put up in big games.

We are having a conversation here in public and people are commenting on. It. The higher the profile the smarter the person should be about what and how they do things. As for me my profile is so low I almost don't exist.

Sorry I'm not lowering my expectations....9 wins puts us in position to win our division.This division sucks....so I expect someone who is suppose to be an improvement to do at least as well. You guys are lowering expectations at Nebraska, really?

Bo went through the same thing Riley is about to do and won 9 games and should have won the conference in year 2

Freakin Baylor, TCU, Minnesota have passed us up...and you think we can afford to go backwards...cmon guys.
I think we'll be better this year as well, but don't know if Armstrong is the guy to lead us moving forward. What if he isn't the guy? What if he doesn't perform in Riley's system? Is Bush the answer then? Maybe, but a freshman who may not yet be ready... Bo had Joe Ganz who, whether you like him or not, performed a heck of a lot more consistently then TA. And he had Suh on defense who took a lot of pressure off the coach. Who are the players that are going to take the pressure off of Riley? DPE? Maybe, if he gets enough touches... Maliek Collins? He isn't Suh...

And of the above teams that have passed us up the only one that really stings is Minnesota. Baylor and TCU have passed a ton of teams up if you haven't been paying attention...

Players matter, and Bo inherited some pretty darn good players in Suh, Steinkuhler, Zach Potter, prince amukumara, Eric Hagg, Joe Ganz, Nate swift, marlin lucky...

MR has some good players on the roster as well, but there are gaps...

Coaching at Oregon State is quite different than coaching at Nebraska. I think Riley is up to the challenge, but I'm not gonna say he has to win this much or he is a failure as so many seem to be doing...

Honestly....I am optimistic about Riley. I think some players will step up out of nowhere for the simple reason of a change of culture. Sometimes change is good, and I think Riley eill at least be able to what Pelini had done. Because he has done it before with less talent.

I was really impressed the offense in the Spring game looked so crisp on the first drive. Not just hand the ball off or throw it up and lets see what happens.

No big deal.
If you played for Pelini, defend him all you want.

If you did not play for him and for some reason think Pelini should not have been fired, you can try to defend him.
But I don't why you would.

Who is lowering expectations? I fully expect us to win 10+ games and play for the conf championship. If a guy that couldn't recruit, gameplan, motivate or keep the floodgates closed when things went bad can win 9 games, I'm confident Riley will do just fine.
I was just pointing out the laughing stock you seem to think will happen if we don't win 9 games already exists.

The people that think we're a laughing stock are dreaming. We've been too irrelevant for 15 years to be a laughing stock.

ADVERTISEMENT