ADVERTISEMENT

If you guys have to line up and play OSU right now, how would you feel about the game?

You are going to see the absolute worst in our fanbase if we have another 7-5 team. I like KF and think he is a class act, but he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat this season. He has the schedule to do it. If he doesn't, watch the crazies come out in full force. I think the fan base feels like college football is passing us bye, and will demand change. I would say 9-3 is a must for KF, if he doesn't want a lynch mob on his hands. And going 0-4 in rivalry/trophy games is totally unacceptable.
Your comments are appreciated. When a coach gets up there a bit and is knocking down about 4 million a year, with a big buyout if fired: It may be easy to lose your edge. Your season ticket sales are still dropping and a recent article said income for Iowa football, should drop ANOTHER 3 million this year. Televised games won't look good against moderate programs; with large sections of empty seats. His buyout has shrunk considerably; so this will be the year to retire ; if he loses a lot and also too border states. His thoughts may be affected by family; how many of his kids has he made football assistants or associated positions?

Reactions: hawkit3113
Your comments are appreciated. When a coach gets up there a bit and is knocking down about 4 million a year, with a big buyout if fired: It may be easy to lose your edge. Your season ticket sales are still dropping and a recent article said income for Iowa football, should drop ANOTHER 3 million this year. Televised games won't look good against moderate programs; with large sections of empty seats. His buyout has shrunk considerably; so this will be the year to retire ; if he loses a lot and also too border states. His thoughts may be affected by family; how many of his kids has he made football assistants or associated positions?

You sir have summed it up well. He has hired his son, and son in law. And another thing that has kinda rubbed me the wrong way was giving everyone of his kids a scholarship, when collecting those huge paydays. That could have been another offer to a good player. The guy is total class, but its seems college football has passed him by. Its happened to many, many coaches. I put Kirk in a category with Bowden, and Paterno when it comes to being stubborn and losing touch with the current state of college football. Their was a pretty big campaign to voice our opinions about the program by not buying season tickets. I still bought mine, but I know a lot of people that said no thanks. 3 million in lost ticket revenue better register with the AD. He is the freaking moron that locked Kirk up until 2020. He should go with Kirk IMO.

We will see though. Kirk literally needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat to see the end of his contract. And I have ZERO faith in his current staff, especially Greg Davis. Our offensive identity is gone. I don't even know what we run anymore. 2 to 3 yard screen passes to the sidelines? Why not just run the damn ball? Urgh. End of rant. Laughing

You'll find out how you stack up against a nationally elite team when MSU comes to town.

If TA is your QB...well we own him.
You guys need to get lights in your stadium and maybe more than two bathrooms before you can start claiming "Elite" status. It is a miracle that Dantonio is still there because your stadium and facilities are crap man!

You guys need to get lights in your stadium and maybe more than two bathrooms before you can start claiming "Elite" status. It is a miracle that Dantonio is still there because your stadium and facilities are crap man!

Laughing

You are right, that is the worst lit stadium ever.

Elite program is defined by wins on the field.

Yes MSU is a nationally elite program right now.

And yes we do need to update our restroom situation and certain stadium aspects need upgrading.

Refusal to acknowledge us as elite though just reeks of jealousy...hell even wolverine fans have admitted it now.

We will beat OSU this year.

And yes we do need to update our restroom situation and certain stadium aspects need upgrading.

Refusal to acknowledge us as elite though just reeks of jealousy...hell even wolverine fans have admitted it now.

Ok, you're elite.

Here's a reply from an OSU fan. If Nebraska and OSU played 10 games this year, I would bet the house that the Buckeyes win the vast majority. But whether the opponent is Nebraska or anyone else playing the Bucks for one game, you only have to be better than the Buckeyes for that game.

If you play to your potential or better, and OSU plays less or has some turnovers, you only have to be better in some key moments in a game.

Do you realize how ridiculous you appear by making the comment "Refusal to acknowledge us as elite though just reeks of jealousy" on the message board of a program that has won 5 national titles, and has played in at least that many more that have had national title implications? At this point, I think we have a pretty good idea of what the definition of an elite program is.

You have a very solid program right now, but you aren't elite until you climb the mountain and are the last one standing. So...tell me why I would be jealous of a program that hasn't even made it to the national title game yet, when I've had the opportunity to watch many elite teams in my own program? I mean that. I like your coach, and even like your program, but you aren't an elite program.

Oh...and you are going to get steamrolled by Ohio State, just like the rest of the conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: arf_man

JD....from what I've seen, you are a pretty respectable poster. But you lost me at "hell even wolverine fans have admitted it now". I would ask for some proof on that as i find it hard to believe Big Brother (in their minds) would ever admit to that.

Uh, no, it means some of us are not delusional.

I have no problem admitting when a schools program is better than the one I root for, and Sparty is today a better program than Nebraska's today.

However, I lived through a time when Nebraska was "Elite." I also lived through a time when Nebraska won conference titles 4 of 5 years(88-92), but that DID NOT make Nebraska "Elite."

One conference championship 2 seasons ago, and a Rose Bowl berth does not make Sparty elite.

If you beat OSU I'll be happy, but being a non-delusional person, I wouldn't bet on it.

Reactions: Bill_Callahan2.0
If Tim Beck and only Tim Beck is calling plays for tOSU, we have a real shot.

Taylor Martinez owned MSU...I won't deny that.

But we own Tommy. With our front 7 being even better this year, its going to be a long night for your OL and QB.

Actually we have two conference titles in the last 5 years, won 11 games or more 4 of the last 5 years, have won 4 straight bowl games including beating the PAC12 and Big12 champs. Back to back top 5 finishes.

Yeah, that's elite.

But it really doesn't matter what fans' opinions are...the results and wins speak for themselves.

After MSU smacks you around again this year, maybe you can cry over your beer about the mid 90s. The bottom line is NU lacks talent to compete with the top teams.

Yeah you sure whooped up on us last year...beating NU by a grand total of 5 points on your home field. We just can't compete. But then again, I don't consider MSU a top team. Sorry...I don't think anybody here fears your Spartans long term.

I respect the heck out of the Spartans, and they are playing at an elite level, but to say we lack the talent to compete is a dumb statement. I would argue NU has better talent than MSU at a lot of positions, and across the board they are pretty equal. The X factor is coaching. Dantonio is doing a heck of a job, and Narduzzi was a hell of a coordinator. No doubt MSU has been ahead of NU the last couple of years, but that gap is pretty small. Hopefully our new coach makes up that coaching gap that exists.

55651394.jpg

If Michigan State wants to beat Nebraska this year they will need to be ranked in the top 5 when they come to town.

Nebraska is 37-5 all time, at home, in primetime. They are 37-1 all time vs teams ranked outside the top 5.

Their losses included:

#1 Washington in 1991
#1 USC in 2007
#3 Missouri in 2008
#5 Texas in 2002

Only loss to team outside top 5 was #17 Virginia Tech in 2008.

Night games in Memorial Stadium are ridiculous. I've witnessed superior teams lose by 30. I've seen teams with huge leads cough them up. I've seen great teams get blown out.

Its a dizzying Environment. Perhaps it's all the. Red. Perhaps it's a bunch of uptight from Nebraska spending 6 hours drinking prior to game time.

All I know is its different. Sparty better come into Lincoln with a National Championship caliber team. Otherwise... They will leave with a loss.

I respect the heck out of the Spartans, and they are playing at an elite level, but to say we lack the talent to compete is a dumb statement. I would argue NU has better talent than MSU at a lot of positions, and across the board they are pretty equal. The X factor is coaching. Dantonio is doing a heck of a job, and Narduzzi was a hell of a coordinator. No doubt MSU has been ahead of NU the last couple of years, but that gap is pretty small. Hopefully our new coach makes up that coaching gap that exists.

What positions do you think NU has more talent?

Besides WR/RB
If Michigan State wants to beat Nebraska this year they will need to be ranked in the top 5 when they come to town.

Nebraska is 37-5 all time, at home, in primetime. They are 37-1 all time vs teams ranked outside the top 5.

Their losses included:

#1 Washington in 1991
#1 USC in 2007
#3 Missouri in 2008
#5 Texas in 2002

Only loss to team outside top 5 was #17 Virginia Tech in 2008.

Night games in Memorial Stadium are ridiculous. I've witnessed superior teams lose by 30. I've seen teams with huge leads cough them up. I've seen great teams get blown out.

Its a dizzying Environment. Perhaps it's all the. Red. Perhaps it's a bunch of uptight from Nebraska spending 6 hours drinking prior to game time.

All I know is its different. Sparty better come into Lincoln with a National Championship caliber team. Otherwise... They will leave with a loss.

Don't worry we will be highly ranked after beating Oregon..we come off of a bye week also. :)

Huskers are better at WR/RB, DT, Safety, CB and special teams.

Michigan State has better QB, OL, DE, and LBs.

Huskers are better at WR/RB, DT, Safety, CB and special teams.

Michigan State has better QB, OL, DE, and LBs.

I don't think you are necessarily better at safety or wr.

DT you guys are for now on paper. McDowell for us has All American upside I think he has the highest ceiling of any DL not named Bosa on a roster this year in the B1G.

I don't think you are necessarily better at safety or wr.

DT you guys are for now on paper. McDowell for us has All American upside I think he has the highest ceiling of any DL not named Bosa on a roster this year in the B1G.

If you don't know anything about football, then please don't come over here.

If you don't know anything about football, then please don't come over here.
?

We return 7 of our top 8 DL. Not a stretch we are as good as you at DT. And WR? You lost Bell we lost Lippett. You have Westerkamp and DPE returning we have Burbridge, Shelton, and Kings returning at WR.

Reactions: dockentwo
I think MSU and Nebraska are similar programs. The difference is that MSU has been more successful lately. But otherwise, both are good programs, recruit good players and an occasional very good if not great one. Probably not enough depth of talent to win the conference every year or to be a playoff contender on most years, but every now and then can be that team.

Nebraska has a better history but the future looks very similar.

?

We return 7 of our top 8 DL. Not a stretch we are as good as you at DT. And WR? You lost Bell we lost Lippett. You have Westerkamp and DPE returning we have Burbridge, Shelton, and Kings returning at WR.

Remember Turner? The dude who beat the Spartans in 12? He's back from injury. Reilly is also back again. Burtch, who scored a TD in 13 vs Sparty also returns. Zo Moore, who burned Tre Waynes twice in the final drive is also back. And 4 Star Stanley Morgan could be starting by the Michigan State game. Reilly and Burtch both missed most of last season due to injury.

If you think you have better receivers after losing Mumphard and Lippett, you're delusional. The Huskers also have better tight ends. Cethan Carter was also out for the Michigan State game last season.

As for DTs. Nebraska's combo of Collins, a 1sr rounder and Valentine a mid rounder, is the top duo in league.

To be fair, many from BTN since the Spring Games; and the preseason pubs; stunned me initially by saying N probably has the best receiving corps in the league. I hope they are right and the mail gets delivered for yac.

Remember Turner? The dude who beat the Spartans in 12? He's back from injury. Reilly is also back again. Burtch, who scored a TD in 13 vs Sparty also returns. Zo Moore, who burned Tre Waynes twice in the final drive is also back. And 4 Star Stanley Morgan could be starting by the Michigan State game. Reilly and Burtch both missed most of last season due to injury.

If you think you have better receivers after losing Mumphard and Lippett, you're delusional. The Huskers also have better tight ends. Cethan Carter was also out for the Michigan State game last season.

As for DTs. Nebraska's combo of Collins, a 1sr rounder and Valentine a mid rounder, is the top duo in league.

Price our TE for MSU is first team all B1G pre season by Phil Steele. You don't have better TEs. And anyone can just list a depth chart like you did for WR.

Price our TE for MSU is first team all B1G pre season by Phil Steele. You don't have better TEs. And anyone can just list a depth chart like you did for WR.
You sure know our team pretty well.

I'm mentioning the whole receiving depth chart because it's a deep unit with a lot of experience, talent, and playmakers across the board.

Josiah Price and Carter are both future NFL Tight ends. Nebraska has more talent with Snyder coming in.

I stand by my comments from earlier:

Nebraska is better at DT, RB, WR, Secondary? And special teams. Michigan State is stronger at QB, OL, DE, and LB units.

Games are won up front and at QB. That's why Michigan State has a leg up on the Huskers. But spare me this monopoly of talent bs.

Hell, Michigan State was dominating Nebraska for 3+ quarters last season. What happened?

The Husker Dline showed some character and stalled some drives.

Husker special teams and DPE made some plays. Husker wideouts exerted some athleticsm.

Otherwise that game was a giant laugher.

I'm mentioning the whole receiving depth chart because it's a deep unit with a lot of experience, talent, and playmakers across the board.

Josiah Price and Carter are both future NFL Tight ends. Nebraska has more talent with Snyder coming in.

Nebraska is better at DT, RB, WR, Secondary? And special teams. Michigan State is stronger at QB, OL, DE, and LB units.

Games are won up front and at QB. That's why Michigan State has a leg up on the Huskers. But spare me this monopoly of talent bs.

Hell, Michigan State was dominating Nebraska for 3+ quarters last season. What happened?

Husker special teams and DPE made some plays. Husker wideouts exerted some athleticsm.

Ok corn I can but that. Watch out for true frosh RB LJ Scott for MSU..could be frosh OPOTY.

I told some Spartans I think at night this year in Lincoln will be as hard as a Mariota less Duck team at home.

Special teams is a concern from me could be an X factor this year. And turnovers.

JD I love ya, and you guys are on a good run right now, but MSU literally took a 20 year absence from college football. Its really hard to call a program elite when you went from 1987 to the late 2000s of being a non factor.

JD I love ya, and you guys are on a good run right now, but MSU literally took a 20 year absence from college football. Its really hard to call a program elite when you went from 1987 to the late 2000s of being a non factor.

Yes, we currently are an elite program from coaching to talent to winning games. Historically elite? No. But neither are TCU, Baylor, or Oregon and they are all ranked pre season top 5.

Nebraska hasn't won a conference title in how many years? Nebraska is historically elite but they haven't had an elite program in almost 20 years. Ditto with Notre Dame.

Im just enjoying the ride and hoping Dantonio can deliver a possible national title before he retires...this is as close as we will get any time soon.

MSU is legit and a good program, but lets define elite. Over a 4 to 5 year period you have had a great run. But is that elite? Was Iowa elite when we finish 3 straight years in the top 10 and went to 4 straight NYD bowl games?

I would agree MSU has been elite the last two years. They are on the cusp, just have to get over the hump for a title. The Big 10 is definitely changing their identity and hopefully they can keep it up. OSU, MSU. NU, PSU, UW, UM are all elite or close in different aspects. We will see how the coaching affects UW and NU. I think it is known UM will be good again with Harbaugh. Can't wait for the season to get here. GBR.

You think Snyder finds the field this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT