ADVERTISEMENT

I hope MR is still recruiting QB O'Brien

They would face stiffer competition anywhere else they would go; with qb coaching anywhere near ours; with a name team and similar potential . We need them both and with a RS TA would be gone. This is a great commit; if we don't get another this year; we will need two greats next year, not one, imo.

I see it as how comfortable the staff is with the current roster as to how many qb's they want to get this year and in what direction they're going to scheme the offense. We still don't know how Riley's pro-style offense is/isn't going to incorporate a qb running game. Until I see otherwise, I'm expecting a typical pro-style offense with the qb running the ball maybe a couple times a game. The only things I've read indicated that Riley was more or less "interested" in a running qb, but I saw nothing that said Riley was going to implement a qb run game as a fixture in the offense.

Now, does the star rating even matter, iirc, Langsdorf watched him in person and liked what he saw.

I doubt "some healthy competition at QB" is your true motivation. I'm guessing you want to bash Riley for reeling in two QB's with 3-Star rankings.

I like to see higher stars normally, with that said I watched this kids film quite a few times and I like what I saw big time. Also, I would like two qbs this class, seriously for qb competition and that we didnt take one last year.

I hear you nebcountry. Coaches judge; T O said in early 90's , many 5* that he wouldn't offer.

*** An Okla qb that he and his coach consider a passer first. Coach calls him one in a million; a top coach.
*** 6' 3' and fast so will have that factor.
*** Great runner and scrambler; takes great angles on cuts and accelerates; will be elusive. N will design
*** Loves our fans and coaches; very smart and aware and great family backing. Ameer type goals.
*** Over recent times multiple articles pointed out when Coach increased running game to suit qb talent
*** Coach R has stated he will be using many N plays for qb runs due to the talent here; and that it basically
can put the D at a one player disadvantage ( motivation ).

QB competition is overrated. Most big time schools recruit the best QB in the nation and basically hand them the job.

I like to see higher stars normally, with that said I watched this kids film quite a few times and I like what I saw big time. Also, I would like two qbs this class, seriously for qb competition and that we didnt take one last year.

I couldn't agree with this more. Well put.

QB competition is overrated. Most big time schools recruit the best QB in the nation and basically hand them the job.
not true. most bigtime programs have a couple highly rated guys and the best one starts

not true. most bigtime programs have a couple highly rated guys and the best one starts

Agreed, speaking of highly rated. Whatever happened to the monster class Harbaugh was going to sign in February. You seemed to have received strong indications from your sources that muliple 5 stars were headed to AA. Any reason that didn't happen or did Harbuagh run out of spots for them? TIA

Florida St did it. Florida did it with Tebow, Miami did, Texas with Vince Young, Penn St did it with Hackenburg, Oregon with Mariotta, Georgia , UCLA, Ohio St with Miller, Stanford with Luck and the list goes on and on.big time QBs want to play early, they don't give a crap about competition.

Where is your proof they don't?

ADVERTISEMENT