ADVERTISEMENT

HuskersNSide

k9_r

Offensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
Another home game and another no show from HuskersNSide.

Pay the subscription, log on to watch and.... no game. Why? Because the rights have been sold to (wait for it....) a different subscription site. Well isn't that marvelous!

Someone please tell me why I shouldn't feel ripped off. 'Cause I do.

I subscribed to both (feeling ripped off as well) but am actually glad the game in on BTN Plus as the quality is so much better. On HuskernSide the audio would cut out constantly and the video feed would freeze. On BTN Plus it was like watching an HD broadcast on a regional network - no issues at all. Maybe because it's through an App. Also made it easier to thrown on the big screen through AppleTV! Either way, I am glad the game is on somewhere.. GBR

Originally posted by HuskerSoCal:

I subscribed to both (feeling ripped off as well) but am actually glad the game in on BTN Plus as the quality is so much better. On HuskernSide the audio would cut out constantly and the video feed would freeze. On BTN Plus it was like watching an HD broadcast on a regional network - no issues at all. Maybe because it's through an App. Also made it easier to thrown on the big screen through AppleTV! Either way, I am glad the game is on somewhere.. GBR
It's just that the number HuskersNSide games has been just about halved by this move and nobody changed the price. Last year's deal disappeared without any notification or justification.

As to better quality - my streaming of BTN2GO and WatchESPN. have hiccups so I am suspicious of BTNPlus. And I hate getting ripped off.

Watching the game now on BTN and I totally take back the idea that its better. These announcers are AWFUL. I wish i could watch this channel and listen to the audio from NSide but the feeds are off...

Watching the game now on BTN and I totally take back the idea that its better. These announcers are AWFUL. I wish i could watch this channel and listen to the audio from NSide but the feeds are off.[/B]..
Tell me about it! I'm working with live stats only right now.

OK, so I subscribed to BTN Plus this morning so I could watch this afternoon, entered all the cable provider info and, sweet, everything pops up like I'm good to go. Game time comes and I click on watch live and,,,,,NOTHING,,black screen. Any tips???

Originally posted by MudDawgs:
OK, so I subscribed to BTN Plus this morning so I could watch this afternoon, entered all the cable provider info and, sweet, everything pops up like I'm good to go. Game time comes and I click on watch live and,,,,,NOTHING,,black screen. Any tips???
Donno. Power is now out at the stadium. No PA, no scoreboard.

Got it. Actually tried a different computer. I'm with you on the announcers, 1rst plate, 2nd plate???? Really? Oh well, great video.

I'm not expecting Joe Buck to do the call on BTN, but maybe someone who has seen a baseball game before? "hard hit to left field, shortstop throws it to first" and "3rd plate?" A perfect pitch out executed and the announcer says "that pitch was waaay outside and enticed the runner to go" Really? It's hard to enjoy the game with this... but still. I am watching!

I'm not expecting Joe Buck to do the call on BTN, but maybe someone who has seen a baseball game before? "hard hit to left field, shortstop throws it to first" and "3rd plate?" A perfect pitch out executed and the announcer says "that pitch was waaay outside and enticed the runner to go" [/B] Really? It's hard to enjoy the game with this... but still. I am watching!
roll.r191677.gif

It's probably been 10 years since I subscribed. It was back when not every game had a radio broadcast and something was better than nothing. That said, it was awful to watch. No announcers and one camera behind home plate with an operator who had no idea what to do once the ball came off the bat. It pretty much made me permanently prefer radio over anything that's stream only. I expected it to improve but it sounds like there's still a long way to go.

I'm more concerned about online audio, a technology that was perfected pre-Y2K. It was very spotty yesterday and doesn't look to be working at all today. Naturally, it's not on the radio in Omaha (kicking KFAB to the curb can't happen soon enough). I can get KLIN in my car. If I stay away from power lines. And until the sun goes down. Maybe I'll just take my laptop outside and work in the parking lot...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT