ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers to pay Arkansas State $1.65M for 2017 game

HTO or anyone, do all conferences go to a 3 game non-conference schedule in 2016? Got to figure that these smaller schools are going to miss out on some big pay days with that switch. I know the 4 game non-conference schedule wasn't around for that long but some schools probably got use to the extra revenue, so will be hurting a little. So I'd imagine the price to get these smaller schools will increase.

HTO or anyone, do all conferences go to a 3 game non-conference schedule in 2016? Got to figure that these smaller schools are going to miss out on some big pay days with that switch. I know the 4 game non-conference schedule wasn't around for that long but some schools probably got use to the extra revenue, so will be hurting a little. So I'd imagine the price to get these smaller schools will increase.
I think it is 2017.

TO always seemed to get pretty good bargains. This is more the norm though from other big schools.

Times have changed, see below from spinner as one of the reasons why. IIRC, the biggest payout under TO was 2013 against Arkansas State at $1M. Prior to that, $800K was the highest for Idaho and Western Kentucky in 2010 but I don't remember if they were scheduled under Osborne or Pederson.

B1G, B12 and PAC are for sure, last I read the SEC and ACC are staying with 8 game conference schedules, not sure if that has changed. The B1G is the only conference I'm aware of that put a stop to playing FCS programs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT