ADVERTISEMENT

How far we have fallen

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
I saw on the news. The Nebraska vs Miami game is slotted for 2:30 this year. First thing I thought is wow, how far these 2 once historic programs have fallen. This would have been an automatic prime time slot game back in the day. Now it is a slot filler game. Hope both schools return to greatness soon.

We held up our side with a night game at Memorial Stadium last year. It's gonna be abundantly clear very soon that the old coach was the problem.

How is it decided if it will be a day or night game and time? Does the hosting team pick the times? Does the NCAA decide? It also said it will be on ABC or ESPN2.

Look at it this way. There is a ton of upside. The ones above us can only fall. It's a glass 1/2 full thing.

We better beat the "mighty" Hurricanes to build some much needed momentum in MR's first year. Winking

I saw on the news. The Nebraska vs Miami game is slotted for 2:30 this year. First thing I thought is wow, how far these 2 once historic programs have fallen. This would have been an automatic prime time slot game back in the day. Now it is a slot filler game. Hope both schools return to greatness soon.

Large sections of Miami are basically a third world country. It's not a great idea to be down there after dark. True story. Win the game and come home.

Considering I watch football all day on Saturdays I don't care. As long as it's on TV i'm good. The one thing I don't like is 11 a.m. home games.

Large sections of Miami are basically a third world country. It's not a great idea to be down there after dark. True story. Win the game and come home.
Miami does kind of suck. Much prefer Fort Lauderdale over Miami.

We were thinking about going but airfare is really expensive. Now that it's a 2:30pm game I'm glad we're staying home. It could be really hot and humid at that time. That may keep some crowd away as well since they appear to be a lot more wound up for night games. That's if anyone shows up of course.

I am less concerned about when we play them than how well we play them.

As Darth said, over confidence is your undoing or something like that.

ABC decides where to slot it and what channel.

ABC/ESPN decides time slots, but conferences have more "sway" than you think.

I guarantee the ACC pushed for a non primetime slot on purpose. Why? Because they didn't want the ACC brand embarrassed on TV when there are more Husker fans in the stands and the game isn't sold out.

This is all about Miami and the ACC, it's not about the programs.

Last edited:
It isnt about falling anymore. We are who we are and have been for several years. The question is, can we make this program a true National Title competitor from time to time.

It isnt about falling anymore. We are who we are and have been for several years. The question is, can we make this program a true National Title competitor from time to time.

That's fair. It's been soooo long since we were nationally relevant. It's going to be a long, hopefully steady, climb up the ladder. Just hope MR is in it for the long haul.

ADVERTISEMENT