ADVERTISEMENT

Help Wanted - Need a 200 Cap room for Metal band

Anyone on here know a room in LINCOLN or OMAHA that hosts METAL and is about a 200 cap room?

My friend is routing a tour and is looking for a play in NEBRASKA.

Thanks in advance! \m/

Here is a link for 1% Productions. They can probably hook your buddy up with the right venue for what they are looking for. The Bourbon Room is listed on here along with several in Omaha.
http://onepercentproductions.com/venues/

Reactions: SoCal_Corn
Seriously, do any of you people pay attention to music genres played at venues? Do you really think the Waiting Room, Sokol, or Knockerbockers would allow the type of sh*t like is played in that Five Finger Death Punch video? Sokol might, but that is even doubtful. And 1% Productions would hopefully laugh you out of their offices if you presented something resembling that video to them.

Seriously, do any of you people pay attention to music genres played at venues? Do you really think the Waiting Room, Sokol, or Knockerbockers would allow the type of sh*t like is played in that Five Finger Death Punch video? Sokol might, but that is even doubtful. And 1% Productions would hopefully laugh you out of their offices if you presented something resembling that video to them.
The only questionable one that I mentioned was the Waiting Room and I stated "could try" on that. As for the rest, I've seen Stereomud and Incubus at Knickerbockers and Limp Bizkit just played Sokol.

Anything else genius?

The only questionable one that I mentioned was the Waiting Room and I stated "could try" on that. As for the rest, I've seen Stereomud and Incubus at Knickerbockers and Limp Bizkit just played Sokol.

Anything else genius?

I'm sorry, I won't make the mistake of confusing Limp Biscuit or Incubus with post-grunge. I'll leave that up to you.

It's disappointing that Knickerbockers' business has dropped to the level that they would have to start bringing in bands like Steromud. The owners are good guys. Sad to see this.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I won't make the mistake of confusing Limp Biscuit or Incubus with post-grunge. I'll leave that up to you.

It's disappointing that Knickerbockers' business has dropped to the level that they would have to start bringing in bands like Steromud. The owners are good guys. Sad to see this.
lol you should step away from the computer. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
You could try contacting The Slowdown. Metal certainly isn't their vibe, but they've been diversifying their bookings lately. Otherwise, 1% basically monopolizes bookings of that size. Actually, now that I think about it, you might try the Lookout Lounge (formerly The Hideout). That might be a really good fit.

Don't worry Du.
She's a bright girl.
She'll find the right spot for her band, that is not Death Punch, btw.
"Shit like 5FDP" plays Arenas anyways, and not 200 Cap venues. Cool

This one, it's a baby band. But thanks for the input.
;)

Don't worry Du.
She's a bright girl.

;)
Don't mind him.

lol you should step away from the computer. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I'm not the one placing Limp Biscuit and Incubus in the same genre as FFDP. Sadly, someone has to be here to remind you.

Don't worry Du.
She's a bright girl.

;)

Touche'. Yeah they sure do play arenas, don't they. It's a pretty sad statement on the state of music.

I wish her well, but I doubt either Slowdown or the Waiting Room would be good venues for her band. If it's true metal, they would clear both of those venues out pretty quickly.

You could try contacting The Slowdown. Metal certainly isn't their vibe, but they've been diversifying their bookings lately. Otherwise, 1% basically monopolizes bookings of that size. Actually, now that I think about it, you might try the Lookout Lounge (formerly The Hideout). That might be a really good fit.

The Lookout is the exact place I was thinking of. Good call. That or The Grove in Lincoln are the best suggestions I've heard. But is the Grove even open any more? It looked closed the last time I drove by it.

The Lookout is the exact place I was thinking of. Good call. That or The Grove in Lincoln are the best suggestions I've heard. But is the Grove even open any more? It looked closed the last time I drove by it.
I'm pretty sure it's open. It was the Grove, then Uncle Ron's, and now back to the Grove again.

Reactions: Hoosker Du

Considering the Waiting Room hosted Testament I'm sure it's worth a shot. Omaha is so stupidly cliquey when it comes to bands and venues it's depressing.

Not my cup of tea, but I can see people that are into that genre liking them. I hate the double bass drum, but that guy seems really accomplished at it. Quick feet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT