ADVERTISEMENT

Harriman to New Mexico

Seems like a strange move, considering he turned down Purdue last year.

I can't imagine New Mexico can pay him more than we are. And going from the Big Ten to the Mountain West? And after all the support his son has received here? Something doesn't seem right with the program.

Originally posted by Harry Caray:

I can't imagine New Mexico can pay him more than we are. And going from the Big Ten to the Mountain West? And after all the support his son has received here? Something doesn't seem right with the program.
New Mexico has a very good basketball program and is a nice place to live. IF you want to move up the ranks you have to move around. That's the way the basketball coaching deal works.

Originally posted by dinglefritz:

New Mexico has a very good basketball program and is a nice place to live. IF you want to move up the ranks you have to move around. That's the way the basketball coaching deal works.
Point taken, but it's still odd leaving the B1G conference over MW...and leaving Miles is a head scratcher you have to admit.

Originally posted by scarletred:

Point taken, but it's still odd leaving the B1G conference over MW...and leaving Miles is a head scratcher you have to admit.
Nope. Basketball assistants move around a bunch. Not all that surprised at all.

Albuquerque is a nice place to live? Hmmm. I've never thought so the few times I've been through there, but OK. But it does seem like an odd move.

IIRC New Mexico has had a bit of a pipeline with Australia in recent years, like Cameron Bairstow who is with the Bulls now. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Originally posted by BetterRed:

Albuquerque is a nice place to live? Hmmm. I've never thought so the few times I've been through there, but OK. But it does seem like an odd move.
Mild climate. You can ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon. Just a short trip to Sante Fe which is really cool. New Mexico may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I like it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT