ADVERTISEMENT

Focusing on BB Recruiting Areas ....

UNL

Dec 17, 2004
THE most important signing for Miles was Tai Webster. A pipeline from Australia/New Zealand is huge.

- Plus a Chicago connection.

- Plus a KC connection.

- Add in Minneapolis and Denver.

- Add in an occasional Nebraska kid.

The Skers should be solid for years to come.

Sweet sixteen in 3 years and more to follow.

HAHA is this a joke a pipeline to Australia/New Zealand? lol Chicago connection is gone.To be real making the NIT should be a goal in three years get real.

Twincities, you also tell me when the Jays make the Sweet 16. I hear about how they will every year, and every year, the LOCAL media (and fans like yourselves) realize that beating cupcakes all year long doesn't accomplish much.

Tell me quickly, who was the last ranked team those "mighty Jays" beat? I'll wait for an answer.

Go enjoy the Omaha media and Jays fans that live in fantasy world and think they deserve home and homes with the big boys (that is their excuse for not playing GOOD teams). You are IRRELEVANT outside of Omaha. PERIOD.

Nebraska will be a bottom feeder for many years to come
flush.r191677.gif

No it is not a joke, Webster is the real deal.( It is posters like you twincitieshusker that keep a lot of us from posting). For the rest of you here are the reasons for optimism in the next couple of years:

The lightning speed of redshirt guard Deverell Biggs

The inside help from redshirt transfer 6'10"Pitchford (Florida) as well as 6'6" forward Petteway (Texas Tech)

Return of young players Rivers, Vucetic (will need a redshirt in'13 or'14), Shields, Parker

A top 50 recruiting class for 2013: Fuller and Hawkins are both in the ESPN top 30 at their positions. Webster would be top 75 overall nationwide if he was from the USA. Add in the quality transfers for a lot of fresh faces.

Sparkling new facilities.

And of course, Coach Miles !

On the down side for 2013, the huskers need post help badly. Miles will address this in 2014 recruiting. Also, the loss of a Chitown connection will hurt recruiting that area. Coach will need to develop the KC area as well as Denver, Minneapolis and the state of Texas. Couple these with the overseas recruiting base.

Shouldn't fans be optimistic? Try to overlook the upcoming 2013 conference drubbings. We are woefully undermanned for the Big10.
This post was edited on 12/23 11:11 AM by NU Loggie

sweet 16 in 3 years isnt realistic right now IMO, but Miles is putting all the pieces together. fans just need to be patient.The great thing about bball is that it only takes a few players to turn it around. Should be a fun ride for the faithful fans who've stuck it out all these years.

How is your Foot-In-Mouth disease coming along TwinCities?
This post was edited on 10/21 7:44 AM by UNL

ADVERTISEMENT