ADVERTISEMENT

Fight Fans - UFC 189

Husk10

All-American
Dec 3, 2005
Texas
Any MMA and UFC fight fans in here?

I'm so bummed about UFC 189 and Aldo pulling out. The McGregor v. Aldo fight was getting up to be a super fight. McGregor v. Mendes does not have the same flare, due to the lack of build up.

I'm really hoping for McGregor to pull out the W and that sets up a true super fight between two champs at 145.

Thoughts?

I used to love the UFC but Dana has had a really tough time building stars in the past several years. I kind of fell out of it.

I've often thought that it might become a bit watered down with the UFC fight nights every Friday. Sure it's building recognition, but 10 years ago, you only knew about the stars like Chuck Liddel, Randy Coutre, Tito Ortiz, etc.

But, there are a lot of stars out there today like McGregor, Rousey, Valezquez, Cerrone, Henderson, etc.

Ya that was the fight I have been really looking forward to, McGregor has quickly become one of my favorite fighters, the outlandish things he says, and his style are great. I will not be buying that PPV now. That's pretty typical for Aldo though, he has pulled out of 5 title fights now. Dude is super talented, but his work ethic is suspect at best.

Reactions: Husk10
I knew he'd be injured quite a bit, but I didn't know that he'd pulled out of five fights!

I'm still going to a bar to watch it, but it won't have the same appeal it did with Aldo. For the UFC's sake, I hope McGregor wins, they've put a lot of eggs into his basket.

If Mendes wins it will be a super tough sell to have Mendes/Aldo 3. I think McGregor will win, but as with any fight, any crazy thing can happen.

McGregor will need to stay way from Mendes' wrestling skills. Which, McGregor is so smooth and has such good footwork, he should be able to do. But of Mendes get's him and holds him down and G&Ps him, it'll be tough for McGregor to overcome. This fight is a true contrast in styles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT