ADVERTISEMENT

Dad passed away

iROOT4nu

Senior
Jul 10, 2009
Got the phone call from my sister that my father passed away last evening. Lost my grandpa in 2013, grandma in 2014, and my uncle this year, and now my dad. My aunt has to be the strongest person in the world at this moment. I look up above and question why, but know the Lord works in ways we will never know. All I know for sure though is I sure have a lot of angels looking out for me and my family. RIP Steve, I'll miss you so much and if your reading this, here's to a great football season for your soon-dawgs and my huskers. Love You.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your dad. I lost mine a few years ago and not a day passes without him in my thoughts.

I'm sorry to hear that ROOT. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Prayers for your family. Lost my dad to start the year. Remember the great times and reflect on the joys brought.

I lost mine a few years ago and not a day passes without him in my thoughts.

Your statement reminds me of something my dad said when he was in the hospital, and it is so true. He said, "You won't get over it, and that isn't what you should try to do. Instead of getting over it, it will become a normal part of your life, and even though it doesn't feel like it now and won't then, you'll eventually be able to talk about me and smile, and not cry so often. It'll still happen from time to time, but it will happen less as time goes on." His words have helped me a great deal over the past months.

The strength people show in dealing with death never ceases to amaze me. Peace to you friend.

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes. Just being selfish in my thinking of how could something like this happen to such a healthy, warm, kind soul. But the man up above calls audibles and I need to remember his plan is perfect and it is awesome.

Sorry for your loss, this is the natural cycle of life. None of us will live forever so I hope he had a great time when he was here. Instead of mourning I prefer to celebrate the life of the person. Not telling you what to do, it's just a different way of looking at it. :)

Indeed, our family is pretty small on my dads side. Just my Aunt, my cousin, my sister and myself. My avatars for him. He, his sister and nephew are such hard core, dedicated OU fans. Its going to be strange not having him to break each week down, but I believe my cousin and I will get even closer. College football is such a powerful tool sometimes.

Reactions: Husker Hank
ADVERTISEMENT