ADVERTISEMENT

D1Baseball.com NCAA Tourney Projection (4/15)

Alum-Ni

Administrator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
Link: http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/field-of-64-projections-week-10/

Projected National Seeds
1. Texas A&M
2. Louisville
3. UCLA
4. Florida
5. Miami (FL)
6. LSU
7. Texas Christian
8. Arizona State

Big Ten has four teams in the tournament in this bracket.

College Station Regional
#1 Texas A&M vs. #4 Norfolk State
#2 Connecticut vs. #3 Oral Roberts

Stillwater Regional
#1 Oklahoma State vs. #4 Southeast Missouri State
#2 Missouri State vs. #3 Houston

===================================

Louisville Regional
#1 Louisville vs. #4 Holy Cross
#2 Missouri vs. #3 Kent State

Champaign Regional
#1 Illinois vs. #4 Wright State
#2 Coastal Carolina vs. #3 Oregon State

Los Angeles Regional
#1 UCLA vs. #4 Cal State-Bakersfield
#2 Long Beach State vs. #3 San Diego State

Iowa City Regional
#1 UC-Santa Barbara vs. #4 St. Louis
#2 Iowa vs. #3 Virginia

Gainesville Regional
#1 Florida vs. #4 Mercer
#2 North Carolina-Wilmington vs. #3 Radford

Tallahassee Regional
#1 Florida State vs. #4 Alabama State
#2 Mississippi vs. #3 College of Charleston

Coral Gables Regional
#1 Miami (FL) vs. #4 Columbia
#2 South Florida vs. #3 Alabama

Boca Raton Regional
#1 Florida Atlantic vs. #4 Florida Gulf Coast
#2 North Florida vs. #3 Central Florida

Baton Rouge Regional
#1 LSU vs. #4 Southeastern Louisiana
#2 Maryland vs. #3 Texas Tech

Los Angeles Regional
#1 USC vs. #4 San Diego
#2 Notre Dame vs. #3 UC-Irvine

Fort Worth Regional
#1 Texas Christian vs. #4 Bryant
#2 Rice vs. #3 Creighton

Dallas Regional
#1 Dallas Baptist vs. #4 Louisiana-Lafayette
#2 Nebraska vs. #3 Arkansas

Phoenix Regional
#1 Arizona State vs. #4 Canisius
#2 Cal State-Fullerton vs. #3 Oklahoma

Nashville Regional
#1 Vanderbilt vs. #4 Stony Brook
#2 Georgia Tech vs. #3 Bradley

Ca State Fullerton is 16-10 and a #2? Doesn't seem right either. Lot's of baseball left though... Bocan Raton regional is a weak regional - yikes. All florida directional schools.

I don't get Iowa hosting as a #2 seed. I was always under the impression that the teams that hosted as #2 seeds were teams with great facilities and/or great fan support. Iowa has neither of those. Would they just give them one because they've never hosted one before? I could see them hosting as a #1 seed, but as a #2 seed? Doesn't make sense to me. But then again, I don't ever take these projections too seriously anyway because they almost certainly will bear little resemblance to the real thing.

Originally posted by Truehuskerfan:
I don't get Iowa hosting as a #2 seed. I was always under the impression that the teams that hosted as #2 seeds were teams with great facilities and/or great fan support. Iowa has neither of those. Would they just give them one because they've never hosted one before? I could see them hosting as a #1 seed, but as a #2 seed? Doesn't make sense to me. But then again, I don't ever take these projections too seriously anyway because they almost certainly will bear little resemblance to the real thing.

No way Iowa gets to host a regional...Your right it's only a projection on April 15th.

Originally posted by Truehuskerfan:
UC-Santa Barbara's facilities aren't up to par, so in that projection Iowa would host as the two seed. Assuming UCSB stays in the top sixteen the two seed in their region will be the host.

Aside from hosting a regional, this is not a bad draw for NU.

What happens if someone like Rice or Creighton beat TCU to win that regional? Who would host the second round? Could NU get to host the Super Regional?

Originally posted by mpbrown27:

What happens if someone like Rice or Creighton beat TCU to win that regional? Who would host the second round? Could NU get to host the Super Regional?

Yes. If NU grabs a #2 seed and wins there regional this year while the opposite #1 loses we would probably have a very good chance of being selected to host the regional.

Originally posted by huskerbaseball13:

Yes. If NU grabs a #2 seed and wins there regional this year while the opposite #1 loses we would probably have a very good chance of being selected to host the regional.
We need to worry about Ohio State, Iowa and Illinois before we get too carried away here. We will know a lot more about this team after this weekend IMO.

Originally posted by sui111:

Originally posted by huskerbaseball13:

We need to worry about Ohio State, Iowa and Illinois before we get too carried away here. We will know a lot more about this team after this weekend IMO.
We don't have any impact on how the team plays. Simply just discussing this weeks projections that yes...could change dramatically for good or bad in the next few weeks.

My guess - Creighton, no. Probably come down to Rice and Nebraska and which ever one was closest to gathering in a national seed.

Won't matter, though. TCU is coming to Omaha, right?

Baseball America (who I trust more) has Nebraska hosting as a 2 seed with UCSB coming here as the 1 seed. Notre Dame is the 3 seed. We'd be opposite of the national #3 seed, UCLA. They have Iowa, Illinois, Maryland all traveling as 2 seeds and Ohio St. is one of their last 4 in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT