ADVERTISEMENT

D-Line

jefe

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 29, 2001
Great class but I’m curious why only 1 DLineman? Can always use more guys there.

I'm with you, Chief. They must have a handful of interior guys they're high on because these rooms can get pretty weak pretty quickly. I'm very happy Rhule's brought physicality back (or at least has encouraged it more) to the practices.

Can't sign 2-3 of every position. If defense needs to hold the fort for a year while we try to put a non-embarrassing offense together, so be it.
I really liked the Jones kid but with Ty and Nash coming back we’re probably ok this year. May have to get a guy in the portal next year. Took quite few O linemen the last 2 cycles. Somebody might end up on D.

We got plenty right now. Tyson Terry already N for next year.
we never have plenty until we are 2 deep of proven talent. everything starts there on defense. suh and crick era was the last time i was happy. always seem to be almost there yet not quite at crucial times in a game.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I really liked the Jones kid but with Ty and Nash coming back we’re probably ok this year. May have to get a guy in the portal next year. Took quite few O linemen the last 2 cycles. Somebody might end up on D.
Keeping Ty can be looked at like getting an instant impact portal guy. I didn't like our chances of him coming back.

Defense is going to be so salty next year. You really only have Hartzog replacing Newsome, Javin Wright and Mkai Gbayor replacing Reimer and Henrich. All of which played a lot and looked mostly decent last year.

All juniors and seniors except the two freshman all Americans. This class probably not a massive need for defense as a whole but next class needs to be D-line and LB, especially LB but there’s always the portal too.

I agree we need to hit DL hard next year. We got a bunch of DL in last years class and then basically nothing this year. We may also have to go to the portal for a run stuffing NT next year. We will lose both Ty and Nash. VanPoppel is the next in line for Ty’s spot, but not sure we have another Nash on the roster right now

Great class but I’m curious why only 1 DLineman? Can always use more guys there.
No DT and no RB is definitely not good. Really every other area filled in pretty nicely. There are a few definite reaches, but the top end looks really solid.

I just think if you are going to have a nose tackle in your scheme, you have to recruit one every year. They need time to get stronger and develop their bodies. That area kind of surprised me because he really coached them up this year.

The RB coach just isn't getting it done, IMO. Nebraska's history should virtually guarantee a 4 star type RB every year. I mean even relatively recently we've had Ameer, Rex, and Roy.

I agree we need to hit DL hard next year. We got a bunch of DL in last years class and then basically nothing this year. We may also have to go to the portal for a run stuffing NT next year. We will lose both Ty and Nash. VanPoppel is the next in line for Ty’s spot, but not sure we have another Nash on the roster right now
Jason Maciejzach is the only other comparable body type. Nash is 6’4” 330 and Jason is 6’2” 320. Both from the same region of South Dakota. I liked Nash a little more as a recruit just for his dominate wrestling acumen but Jason is also a very strong kid. Everyone else is sub - 300.

No DT and no RB is definitely not good. Really every other area filled in pretty nicely. There are a few definite reaches, but the top end looks really solid.

I just think if you are going to have a nose tackle in your scheme, you have to recruit one every year. They need time to get stronger and develop their bodies. That area kind of surprised me because he really coached them up this year.

The RB coach just isn't getting it done, IMO. Nebraska's history should virtually guarantee a 4 star type RB every year. I mean even relatively recently we've had Ameer, Rex, and Roy.
As predicted…a new target for the pitchforks has emerged…RB Coach.

Jason Maciejzach is the only other comparable body type. Nash is 6’4” 330 and Jason is 6’2” 320. Both from the same region of South Dakota. I liked Nash a little more as a recruit just for his dominate wrestling acumen but Jason is also a very strong kid. Everyone else is sub - 300.

I thought they moved JM to the OL.

Good luck finding a good hs NT every year.

Not sure if anyone sees the trend here. Sign a bunch of lineman and figure out later where some of them fit. Rhule has said multiple times he wants athletes and they will figure out positions later.

Don't need one every year. Maybe every two years, and sometimes it's better to go for the portal at those positions anyways.
Just disagree, I guess. The whole defense suffers if you don't have a capable nose tackle. Your starter gets hurt, and then you have a couple left and one is likely a freshmen. I think it's way more important than being 4 deep at most other positions.

As predicted…a new target for the pitchforks has emerged…RB Coach.
Your right, everything is great at this position. Rhule and all the coaches are perfect and no criticism or accountability is warranted.

This is the same old crap I heard during the Callahan, Pelini, Riley, and Frost eras. It's a forum where we talk about the football program, good and bad. The RB room and recruiting = bad. You're always going to have injuries at this position and you can't recruit one RB over a two year span. Especially if the kid is a major project.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT