ADVERTISEMENT

Couple more visitors....

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
https://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Mulbah-Car-165187 In town this weekend.
CLRspwLWIAAu9da.jpg

Sort of confused with another RB? Or is he being recruited for a different position?

Sort of confused with another RB? Or is he being recruited for a different position?

Don't know your source of confusion, so I'll just take a stab at it. Stevenson is starting school right now, part of 2015 class.

Aphonso Thomas is the only RB in the 2016 class so far.

After visiting Nebraska earlier this spring, Eden Prairie high school (MN) three-star wide receiver J.D. Spielman is visiting the Huskers again this Saturday.

"I'm very excited," said Spielman. "My first visit went great, so I believe my second one will be even better. Getting to meet some of the staff and being able to make the walk from the locker room onto the stadium field was really memorable."

The Scout.com No. 89 receiver in the 2016 class, Spielman has offers from Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Nebraska.

"Nebraska likes me as a wide receiver and also on special teams as a returner," said Spielman in the spring. "They see me as an inside receiver. Coach Mike Riley says that he can see using me a number of different ways and that he likes my explosiveness."

Nebraska currently has 14 commitments in the 2016 class, but at this point no receivers.

"Size, speed, and quickness, but aside from that, I like to see a guy who can catch with his hands when watching the tape or seeing in person," said Nebraska receivers coach Keith Williams this spring. "I want to get a guy who catches with his hands and isn't 100 percent a body catcher. Being a body catcher isn't a deal-breaker, but you want to see a guy who catches with his hands and competes."

Spielman has more than a couple storylines surrounding his recruitment. First, he’s one of the top lacrosse players in the country and committed to Ohio State, although it appears football is his future.

Second, his father is Rick Spielman, Minnesota Vikings General Manger.

except for iowa st blows, what do those emoticons mean?

ADVERTISEMENT