ADVERTISEMENT

Conspiracy Theorists: Wal-Mart question

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
Are we really to believe that 5 different Wal-Marts across the country are going to close for 6 months for 'plumbing issues'? Surely there is more to the story than that.

Read that story too. Some are theorizing they are closing stores that have employees who have complained about wages. And cities who have offered help with the "plumbing issues" have been rebuffed....It is an odd situation.

It would not really be a "conspiracy" if a company with the reputation of Walmart was trying to screw over some of its employees and saying something different to the press. On the other hand a chain deciding to perform maintenance on a few of their locations is not unusual, either.

The old saying, "whenever an athlete says it isn't about the money, you know it's about the money" comes to mind here.

Read a few stories on this and several people allude to the fact these stores were on leading edge of unionizing, and had high theft rates with merchandise walking out the back door. Not sure of true, but people are claiming it.

So perhaps there is more than meets the eye here. It certainly isn't "plumbing issues".

Several other people pointed out, and I had to laugh and then agree...People get mad when Wallmart opens a store, and they get mad when they close it. Pretty much they can't win.

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:

The old saying, "whenever an athlete says it isn't about the money, you know it's about the money" comes to mind here.

Read a few stories on this and several people allude to the fact these stores were on leading edge of unionizing, and had high theft rates with merchandise walking out the back door. Not sure of true, but people are claiming it.

So perhaps there is more than meets the eye here. It certainly isn't "plumbing issues".

Several other people pointed out, and I had to laugh and then agree...People get mad when Wallmart opens a store, and they get mad when they close it. Pretty much they can't win.
With how much people hate Wal-Mart, it amazing how many people shop there. I end up going there once a year or two for some unknown reason, amnesia maybe. On my way out I always seem to vow to never return under any circumstances.

Love how you conveniently linked unionizing with employee theft. Preach on Rush.
rolleye0018.r191677.gif

Originally posted by GretnaShawn:

With how much people hate Wal-Mart, it amazing how many people shop there. I end up going there once a year or two for some unknown reason, amnesia maybe. On my way out I always seem to vow to never return under any circumstances.
How could anybody hate walmart..Ringling Bros. made a fortune on the traveling circus..Sam just put it in a permanent location. They really should consider putting in bleachers and cotton candy. Just sayin...

Originally posted by huskrz:

Originally posted by GretnaShawn:

How could anybody hate walmart..Ringling Bros. made a fortune on the traveling circus..Sam just put it in a permanent location. They really should consider putting in bleachers and cotton candy. Just sayin...
If you want to get a TRUE cross section of America, Walmart is it. Hilarious.

I'm no fan of Walmart, though I will put my hypocrisy on full display...I rip them but sometimes when my budget is hurting I get my groceries there.

That said, it's not impossible that if they had a certain practice in place for how they were roughing in stores at a particular time that they could all have problems with the piping. Knowing Walmart as we do, I would sure believe that they tried to cut costs and corners in construction just like they do everything else.

The Walmart Neighborhood Grocery stores are really not bad at all. They're smaller and you don't have kids running all over creation and whatnot. The one on 132nd & Maple in Omaha is well kept and clean.

Originally posted by tarheelhusker:
Hmmm, Jade Helm 15 prep?
Tarhell,

Wouldn't be surprised if you and I are the only ones on the board who actually know what Jade Helm 15 is and how unconstitutional it is. Posse Comitatus has been so undermined (incrementally) in the past 6 + years, it's downright scary.
That's no conspiracy theory, that's a conspiracy fact.

I know what Jade Helm 15 is and when. I refuse to keep my eyes closed.

I know about Jade Helm 15.
I think a lot of people do.

This post was edited on 4/20 9:00 PM by c2o

Originally posted by bomber89:
I know what Jade Helm 15 is and when. I refuse to keep my eyes closed.
thank you for being awakened. if just 50% of Americans would do the same, we could actually make a difference and rebuild our nation.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by c2o:
I know about Jade Helm 15.
I think a lot of people do.

This post was edited on 4/20 9:00 PM by c2o
I know you're a critical thinker c2o. one of the things i really admire about you.

yes, i'm sure many people in the US do know about it, but i would venture to say, the majority on this board sadly do not.

Janet, you'd be surprised at how many people in this board know about it but could have good debate too. I'd venture to guess, if allowed, a thread on the topic would go 2+ pages with a wide variety of different posters sharing their opinion.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

well, why not inform the board then?

Personally, I have a hard time believing Wal-Marts need to close for 6 months for a plumbing problem. They can remodel an entire store while it is still open. And even with a worst case plumbing scenario, i just don't see it needing to be closed for more than a week, if that. I see it as a union-busting type of move myself.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Janet, you'd be surprised at how many people in this board know about it but could have good debate too. I'd venture to guess, if allowed, a thread on the topic would go 2+ pages with a wide variety of different posters sharing their opinion.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
well that's certainly refreshing Tim. there are other issues going on every day in this country that have been discussed here and many deny it or challenge the character of those who know to what degree these things are occurring, by whom and in some cases, why.

hech, i've even spoken about some of these issues to my cousin, our new US Senator, and he wasn't aware of some of them.
He is now. What he does with that knowledge, I don't know. I do know there is a ton of pressure to keep things hush hush.

Originally posted by Charlie Marlow:
well, why not inform the board then?

Personally, I have a hard time believing Wal-Marts need to close for 6 months for a plumbing problem. They can remodel an entire store while it is still open. And even with a worst case plumbing scenario, i just don't see it needing to be closed for more than a week, if that. I see it as a union-busting type of move myself.
Charlie,

I'm assuming your question is in response to the topic of Jade Helm 15? If so, read the link.

You can draw your own conclusions. However, what it involves is a violation of the Constitution regarding Posse Comitatus, which is very concerning to many of us in this country.

Jade Helm 15

Love how you conveniently linked unionizing with employee theft. Preach on Rush.
rolleye0018.r191677.gif

Wasn't my intention and I apologize if it came out that way. I have listened to a grand total of MAYBE and hour's worth of Rush in my life. Very smart and accomplished man, but I'd rather listen to other things.

The interesting thing is that the majority of people hold people like Sam Walton and Warren Buffet in such high regard. Those same people IGNORE the body count that propelled them to their status.

Read that story too. Some are theorizing they are closing stores that have employees who have complained about wages. And cities who have offered help with the "plumbing issues" have been rebuffed....It is an odd situation.
If it really has to do with employees complaining about wages - I cannot blame Wal-Mart for shutting down. I do not understand people who get a job and complain about it. Anytime I felt I was not earning what I was worth, I approached management to share the value I believe I brought them and if they did not agree with me - I found a job that rewarded my value appropriately.

I'm not an Economist or an accountant. Hell, I'm not even good at math. But I do know WalMart makes every decision with profits in mind. I find it difficult to believe WalMart would be closing stores or delaying openings because of disputes about wages. One has to believe Walmart earns more money in one day, with their doors open, than they save in one month, with their doors closed.

There's a reason behind these closings. Jade Helm 15 will be held in many of the states that these closings occured. Even Florida which had a recent martial law exercise/training near Tampa I believe. Now, I don't know if these Wal Marts are just closing because they will be used to house exercises for the massive amounts of troops or what, but, I believe they will be practicing martial law situations. So, if all hell were to break loose, Wal Mart would probably get his pretty hard by the savages.

Have you guys seen this video sent from a gent in So Cal? Pretty amazing how much stock they're putting into this exercise. Scary as well...

Charlie,

I'm assuming your question is in response to the topic of Jade Helm 15? If so, read the link.

You can draw your own conclusions. However, what it involves is a violation of the Constitution regarding Posse Comitatus, which is very concerning to many of us in this country.

Jade Helm 15
Gemini....how is it a violation of the Constitution? Honest question. Are you just assuming the military will enact Martial Law through these exercises or have you read actual documents stating they will?

elQKMYpNMGnQY.gif

My favorite features of the board is how easy it is to post gif's. I was too computer illiterate to do it on the 90's era boards.

Gemini....how is it a violation of the Constitution? Honest question. Are you just assuming the military will enact Martial Law through these exercises or have you read actual documents stating they will?
Huskerbux,

I'm about to board a flight and will be back later this week. I will reply in full when I have more time and can access my bookmarked articles etc. on my home computer. thanks

Huskerbux,

I'm about to board a flight and will be back later this week. I will reply in full when I have more time and can access my bookmarked articles etc. on my home computer. thanks

Ok thanks for the response

It seems like there were some more than just Gemini who knew about it so we shouldn't have to wait for her. I read the link and it just sounded like war games or whatever. That's not illegal as far as I know so I assume there is more to it than just that.

There isn't more to it. You can link all the research anyone wants to post on the net as fact, it will never make it true.

It seems like there were some more than just Gemini who knew about it so we shouldn't have to wait for her. I read the link and it just sounded like war games or whatever. That's not illegal as far as I know so I assume there is more to it than just that.

Plenty know of Jade Helm 15, but haven't seen anyone but her say it was in violation of the Constitution. Not sure why she needs so much time to go through bookmarks and research. but I'm willing to give her all the time she needs, because claiming the military is going to go rogue and enact martial law without consent of Congress is a pretty strong statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT