ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson fires head baseball coach

Didn't have enough time, he was just about to turn it around :p

Clemson made the last Rosenblatt CWS, hosted a regional the next year but let UConn (UConn!) beat them twice. They have made a regional every year since--just barely this year--but have pretty much been a non-factor in the tournament.

The AD said they have plateaued. I tend to agree.

Clemson made the last Rosenblatt CWS, hosted a regional the next year but let UConn (UConn!) beat them twice. They have made a regional every year since--just barely this year--but have pretty much been a non-factor in the tournament.

The AD said they have plateaued. I tend to agree.

Bottom line is college baseball is no longer a glorified intramural sport and this will continue to happen to coaches that don’t produce. Making regionals every year is akin to winning 9 FB games. It’s nice, but you need to have some years where you move beyond that mark as well. Sound familiar? Cool
While DE’s job may not be on the line next year (according to most anyway) I have to believe a rough start to the season (which I expect) is going to result in some pretty sparse crowds at home if the team doesn’t improve as the season progresses. A relatively empty park will bring lots of unwanted attention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT