ADVERTISEMENT

Chin Coleman - Update

Good news for Husker basketball fans, but it doesn't exactly help recruiting when the guy who is supposed to help bring in the recruits is trying to get out of Lincoln himself.

you are right, dosent really instill confidence, now does it. If I were Miles I would be rething the postion i gave colemen and maybe be thinking new title change and upgrade in pay. since he is a hot commidity. We need this guy bad and we really should show that . if changing the title on his door and letter head will do it, then fine, a few $K will not hurt either.

Coleman opens doors for recruiting Chicago and without him, Nebraska does not stand a chance. Period. But I also think that NU is going to have a difficult time signing some difference makers anyway. Call me a pessimist, but just look at a kid like Anthony Davis, for instance. He was totally under the radar until July. It was anybodies game. Then Kentucky swoops in and takes him after he gets discovered. Coach Miles will be swimming in very deep waters when in comes to signing any program changers out of Chicago. However, that doesn't mean that Coleman doesn't open the door to signing some of those 2nd level guys that the big programs won't have room for.

I thinkk the same could happen with Agau. I have a very uneasy feeling about this. he as friends on both NU and Creighton. I was over on the Jays board and they are talking like it is a done deal. If winning is the thing he want's then CU is right in his face. Get to stay with mom and dad, good education, and tournament ready program, hard to over look that.

I think our concerns with Akoy have to do with larger conferences, not the Valley. Here is information on Akoy in the Link below dated March 26, 2012:

Agau said "he's really leaning towards playing in a major conference like the Big Ten or Big East. 'The Big Ten and the Big East I think are some of the best conferences out there and they've produced the best guys,' Agau said. 'When you see the numbers in those leagues compared to the Missouri Valley, no offense, but it's a little higher. Just the competition they play against in those leagues is a lot better. I just think the players are a lot different in the Big Ten and the Big East. When North Carolina played Creighton it really told me how different the players were."

Link

There is no question that the Big East and Big 10 have better talent or that the CU does not play the best teams, The question is how is Agau making his decision? If he makes it on just talent alone then we have a shot. If however, he factors in friendships then it is a draw, he has just as many friends on CU as NU. we trout out Deverell Biggs as though that is the end all be all do all of his personal connections. I personally hope it is, but if we are going that route then CU must be considered. If wanting to see his family is a factor then it is a draw. If you get into to things like winning, well then CU has it on us. Like it or not he has mentioned winning as a factor for him. If you factor in education, which is probally high on his parents list, a CU degree is probally more prestigious. If you factor in national expouse, then I think we have a slight edge, but because we are not a winning program we that really sets us back. If he is thinking NBA. Then we have no shot. espically if teams like KU and K-State & Missouri get in the mix. I talked to him about the Uconn suspension to try and feel him out on this and he said that the program made mistakes and they will get back on track. His answer sounded evasive so i asked this "you are either going to UCONN no matter what and won't let this effect your decision OR you have already made up your mind and aren't going there at all" to which he replied "Yes sir" so there you have it. which it is or which he will pick only he knows.

Calhoun is a great guy. His teams play a great style of ball. That would be attractive to anyone. What I would worry about with UConn if I were Agau is where I would fit in. He could bide his time coming off the bench for a year or two and then, when it's his chance to start, UConn could bring in a one & done like Drummond and recruit right over top of him.

The team to worry about is always Kansas. As Rick Majerus said years ago and is still true today, Nebraska seldom develops top level talent, but when it does, Kansas can always swoop in and grab them. It's happened in the past. It could happen again. Florida and Georgetown also would be attractive places to consider. Personally, I wonder about Iowa State too. Hoiberg could be a dark horse in this whole thing.

Akoy agau. He stated he wants to play in a major conference and in a recent update he stated the leaders for his commit right now is nebraska, uconn, gtown, Memphis, and Tennessee. That was before some recent offers. He will not be going to creighton and the fans and staff know this.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

how recent was that up date? I went back to May 31 on his twitter and did not find anything. I will have to ask him next time i talk to him.

if it's not where is it? You said "update" twitter usually comes to mind. It's not face book. I looked there and he does not have many updates, less then 20 since april

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT