ADVERTISEMENT

Bussey vs Stevenson

utrex

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2001
For those on this board who take the time and effort to watch film, how do Bussey and Stevenson compare? Are they fairly similar or is one better? If so, which one? We were quite disappointed when Bussey backed out on us but are we better off with how this has turned out?

Similar speed and cutting ability. Stevenson is more physical and compact with the body type capable of holding up in the Big Ten.

And this is difficult to measure, but Stevenson also hasn't been coddled like Bussey.

Similar speed and cutting ability. Stevenson is more physical and compact with the body type capable of holding up in the Big Ten.

And this is difficult to measure, but Stevenson also hasn't been coddled like Bussey.

Just wondering but what do you mean by coddled?

Bussey was basically given a free ride to an elite private school in New Orleans. Stevenson played 5A public school ball in Dallas.

Stevenson's mom allowed him the responsibility to make decisions on his own while offering guidance outside the spotlight. Bussey's dad was constantly seeking limelight and pulling puppet strings.

I'm not sure Bussey will be able to handle the rigors of college life. Secondly, if Kendall doesn't get the football, I wonder if his dad will be able to keep his mouth shut.

Bussey is better at a number of things from a technical sense. (Catching, Ball placement, foot technique, versatility) Stevenson despite slightly poor technique is the more natural runner and is faster.

Bussey imo is better but not prohibitively.

I won't speak to the mental/psycological side being spoken about as I simply don't know about it as it relates to these two.

Bussey is better at a number of things from a technical sense. (Catching, Ball placement, foot technique, versatility) Stevenson despite slightly poor technique is the more natural runner and is faster.
This is probably accurate. I think in terms of them both being in the highest tier of running back recruits. I am also of the belief that depending on how fall camp goes for Stevenson, we might see him play this year. He has to learn the plays and it is unknown as to his ability to pass protect from his film.

Who is Bussey; lol. Seriously, unless Cornicator or someone I recognize addresses technique, I'm not buying into a guy with those stats, in that league; is in anyway lacking in easily correctable " technique " ( look how its worked out for Tiger Woods with changes vs a Jim Furyk. ) . Fate gave us the better guy; imo. ...It is said Wisky had 3 commits from that h s; and now none - WH says they regularly have guys star in college and go to the NFL; seems like we just made some serious inroads. There are lots of colleges that won't transfer credits among themselves; this could be an institution or technical problem and beyond the kids control. Our recruit gets it; he is also in for the academics, Mom knows this. GBR

This is probably accurate. I think in terms of them both being in the highest tier of running back recruits. I am also of the belief that depending on how fall camp goes for Stevenson, we might see him play this year. He has to learn the plays and it is unknown as to his ability to pass protect from his film.
Thats right guys; can't coach elite speed. Good points as to why top talent sometimes needs time to get on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT