ADVERTISEMENT

Bunting/N-Baseball

t7w0c1

Walk On
Jul 1, 2013
I've never been a huge baseball fan so definitely no guru here (only ever watched some Nebraska Baseball) but what gives with the random bunting by W. Bolt? Do you all think it's justified? I understand reasons for bunting like moving guys forward to get a guy in scoring position or throwing another team off a little but why does Bolt to it randomly when our bats are hot? I noticed in the Omaha, Creighton, Illinois1, Illinois2 and N. Dakota games our bats were hot for an inning or so and we were getting runs, then all the sudden or next inning Bolt try's bunting and it completely throws this good hitting team out of rhythm. I feel like W. Bolt is just like Frost in that he constantly needs to try and put his touch on the game and try's to fix things that aren't broke. Is this just coaching inexperience or just an ego thing with these young coaches?

Pretty sure Burnham is being asked to bunt a lot because he's fast, but didn't have all that high a BA coming from KU. Matthews put down a successful sac bunt, but I can't remember anyone else attempting that many bunts at all. Nebraska is ranking pretty well nationally in HRs, scoring, etc. Frost makes little sense as a comparison. Pitching? Yeah, inconsistent at best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT