ADVERTISEMENT

Bubba Starling getting called up

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

To double A. He had a miserable spring batting wise with the big club, but he is league-ready in the field. Not sure he will ever be able to hit big-league level off speed stuff.

If he's just getting promoted to AA ball..he'll be luck to make it to the big leagues...ever

I honestly forgot about him. Got all the way to AA already eh? Sure would have been nice to have him here. He made the right move, not questioning that at all, but how bad have needed a QB for a while now? Dang he would have been nice to have.

If he's just getting promoted to AA ball..he'll be luck to make it to the big leagues...ever
You probably have no idea that most teams have their highest rated prospects in AA. And alot go straight from there to the bigs. And no, I am not saying he is close to getting called up. And still he has made more money than anyone questioning his decision will in their lives.

Most guys in AA won't ever sniff the big leagues, but Starling's not really old for that level. In fact, he'll be the fifth-youngest player on the NW Arkansas roster.

Bubba is only 21. And he crushed the ball in Single A before earning the promotion. Kudos to him for listening to Dale Sveum with the Royals in Spring Training. He has changed his approach and learned how to hit the ball to right field.

Starling looks terrible against a good high fastball and last year the better right-handed pitchers just dominated him (.897 OPS vs. left, .560 vs right) and he strikes out WAY too much.

But he's off to a good start this year. Maybe he's figured something out. He's so skilled at everything other than batting that if he can learn to make contact even decently there's a role for him.

AA means you are in the pool for consideration for the big club.

I would disagree he is too old at 22. He's actually probably at the right age. Will be interesting to see how he handles pitching at this level.

You probably have no idea that most teams have their highest rated prospects in AA. And alot go straight from there to the bigs. And no, I am not saying he is close to getting called up. And still he has made more money than anyone questioning his decision will in their lives.
Never once questioned his decision. Good for him. But if you can't hit in A or AA ball, you're chances at the big leagues is slim to none...

Bubba is only 21. And he crushed the ball in Single A before earning the promotion. Kudos to him for listening to Dale Sveum with the Royals in Spring Training. He has changed his approach and learned how to hit the ball to right field.
Vry good start but still whiffs way too often to be considered anything more than a longshot to make the big leagues. I doubt he is evena top 20 prospect in the Royals organization.

ADVERTISEMENT