Chicago, IL to Lincoln, NE
Love these threads. IMO, at least one of the following :

Dedrick Young
0JeU9ybo.jpg

Aaron Williams:

BlGtOlYCAAApjzG.jpg

Mick Stoltenberg:

shwAZXXy.jpg

On defense I'll go with Josh Banderas going from part-time starter to one of the team leaders and one of the top 2 tacklers, and Freedom Akinmoladun emerging as a very good DE for us.

Cethan Carter seems almost too obvious as our offense changes to use a TE more.

Reactions: lilred393
I will vote with the Blackshirts being back . We may have a lot of youth; but we are coming downhill with force. We will do what P was supposed to be capable of; look for something building more along the early 90's and with the great potential. Our in game adjustments will be rapid and real; no more joke and rolled.
cb's - Pick your youngun; a few will add to and shine. Love the rangy and our shorter leaper who may be the next Baron Miles like leaper and interception machine.
S - Some experience and great talent.
lb's - Banderas should really shine; hoping others healthy; youth will be served and will be a Positive
DL - Tackles will thrive and disrupt; star power. DE's have the talent; will be improved.

Offense.
rb - we have talent. Screens, sweeps, and our ends running designed plays will open it up
Receivers - many say we are the equal of any in the B1G.. qb's need to get it and split it. Progressions. Our AA returner will add to his AA resume, turning many plays into punt return simulations.
qb's - One is not enough; unless a big jump in progressions. Play the hot hand. With our incoming commits, we will really break out next year and beyond. Not saying TA isn't good; there is so much more available on each play.
O- line. - Have heard we are so underrated. This should be a strength. I have seen in the WH an insert where some rated us 108th; I think we can be top 30.

Again coaching will be so much better and jell as we go. Back to the Red Koolaide.

Lets not forget we have a linebackers coach now, who put 8 players into the NFL in 5 years ( per a recruiting article ) . Young and smart; played at a high level himself. Three levels of hornets coming for o's trying our D.

Easy Picks:

O: Alex Lewis / DPE
D: Maliek Collins / Bando

Out There Picks:

O: DJ Foster / M. Wilbon
D: M. Barry

Reactions: lilred393
We need several break out players and they need to be a QB, LB, and DE or else we aren't doing much of anything.

You won't have to hope. He's a special talent, and he's going to be household name in the Big Ten by season's end.
Yeah, I'm just thinking we are going to need a good running game to help take some of the pressure off TA. Hard to replace Ameer, but it's time for someone to step up.

You won't have to hope. He's a special talent, and he's going to be household name in the Big Ten by season's end.
Yeah, but how fast will we loose him? The only thing I can think of is we can offer more money because we will be paid in full by the big ten by the time his contract is out.

Yeah, but how fast will we loose him? The only thing I can think of is we can offer more money because we will be paid in full by the big ten by the time his contract is out.
What does this even mean? Read it three times and don't know what you are trying to say...

What does this even mean? Read it three times and don't know what you are trying to say...
His contract is shorter than everyone else, he is going to be a hot commodity. How long can we keep him?

His contract is shorter than everyone else, he is going to be a hot commodity. How long can we keep him?
Dee, we are referring to our running back Adam Taylor. So people don't understand what you mean by contract. You must be thinking of someone else?

I think you might have mixed up the Trent Bray and Adam Taylor responses.

I'd like to think Jamal Turner has a solid year, with the new coaches. He's never going to live up to the hype, but I'd like to see him have one impact season.
I believe this season the Lord will be watching over him, and will lift him to have a breakout season in his last season.

Trai Mosely can become an interception machine

100%. Looking forward to watching this dude play. The more and more I think about it, I think we are going to have some players.

I'm going to 2nd Adam Taylor though. Hopefully he doesn't get injured, but looks like he has the power and speed combo, and could be fun to watch.

Reactions: HuskAir
I am going with Jack G. Ne born kid who will relish in the moment. 2nd pick would be Ryan R. Think he makes it back from his multiple injuries and will prove why he was a top talent. Third - I agree with J. Turner, special kid who has had his career derailed a bit. He is lightening in a bottle, proved later in his career how to handle the pressure and will come out as a needed leader and play maker.

I am going with Jack G. Ne born kid who will relish in the moment. 2nd pick would be Ryan R. Think he makes it back from his multiple injuries and will prove why he was a top talent. Third - I agree with J. Turner, special kid who has had his career derailed a bit. He is lightening in a bottle, proved later in his career how to handle the pressure and will come out as a needed leader and play maker.
You mean Ryne?

DPE at WR
YES, our coaches have sweeps and screens that can turn multiple plays into minature punt return look alikes; we know what that means. Plus he was blossoming as a receiver ( even vs USC ) ; as he was given that opportunity at the end of last season. We are really going to stress some D's.

he looked great in the bowl game. i think he's our one true playmaker so he'll get lots of opportunities in a variety of ways to do his thing.

Adam Taylor
Cethan Carter
Chongo Kondolo
Josh Banderas
Trai Mosley (#1 breakout player)
Aaron Williams

To me, DPE was the biggest breakout player last year, so I don't see how he can be a breakout player this year, when he already broke out.. Just sayin..

I had such high hopes for Adam Taylor. I'm glad he stuck around and got his degree but man, potential was abundant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT