ADVERTISEMENT

Boot out Texas & bring back Corn Huskers!

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
CHAMPS001_zps6db155a3.jpg

Talk about Delusional K State fans. OU and Texas are going to the SEC, Pac12, or BIG. Then you are free to add SMU, Central Florida, South Florida, Cincy, BYU, and Colorado State to your conference. You'll be making around $50 less than NU in tv revenue.

Once we boot out Mad Cow then OU stays because NU comes back

because

Mad Cow was the reason NU left in the first place.
New (B12) becomes a (much) more stable conference.

Then

maybe Buffaloes, Tigers & Aggies will follow suit.

because

Then

Maybe the Buffaloes would. But no way Missouri or TA&M would.

because

Then

Oh my. Somebody's smoking something on their day off.

My guess is, conference realignment is not over yet, but the big 12 is in big trouble no doubt.

Also, once people saw how the 4 playoff teams were chosen, and the big 12 got left out, it sent a pretty strong message about the need for a conference championship game, and sounds like they are having trouble finding teams to make that happen. What University is going to join that conference when it is so unstable? I think OU, UT, & maybe a few other teams get pulled into other conferences and the big 12 becomes something different, lower tier, for the schools left in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WestCoastCornhusker
Our biggest problem with Texas is we invented new ways to choke against them. If we were 8-1 against them instead of 1-8, I suspect nobody would care about them.

Our biggest problem with Texas is we invented new ways to choke against them. If we were 8-1 against them instead of 1-8, I suspect nobody would care about them.

+1 .. they owned us and it started when they punked us in 96 and cost us a shot at 3 straight NCs ... they were 7-4 and unranked I believe

that 4th down conversion from their own 28 leading 30-27 w 2 minutes left still haunts

Reactions: sparky62
+1 .. they owned us and it started when they punked us in 96 and cost us a shot at 3 straight NCs ... they were 7-4 and unranked I believe

that 4th down conversion from their own 28 leading 30-27 w 2 minutes left still haunts
What's amazing is I can think of at least 4 games we should have / could have won (96, 06, Terrence Nunn fumble, and big 12 championship). They all hurt, but 96 was the worst.

What's amazing is I can think of at least 4 games we should have / could have won (96, 06, Terrence Nunn fumble, and big 12 championship). They all hurt, but 96 was the worst.
AGree--I was in St Louis in 96 ---felt very confident--and I think our coaches were overconfident. Took some luck on the other team's part to say the least.

My guess is, conference realignment is not over yet, but the big 12 is in big trouble no doubt.

Also, once people saw how the 4 playoff teams were chosen, and the big 12 got left out, it sent a pretty strong message about the need for a conference championship game, and sounds like they are having trouble finding teams to make that happen. What University is going to join that conference when it is so unstable? I think OU, UT, & maybe a few other teams get pulled into other conferences and the big 12 becomes something different, lower tier, for the schools left in it.
I don't feel not having a conference championship game hurt the big 12 as much as how poorly their Baylor schedules. They have a terrible OOC schedule. Having a CCG would have boosted their strength of schedule, but so would actually scheduling quality teams.

I don't feel not having a conference championship game hurt the big 12 as much as how poorly their Baylor schedules. They have a terrible OOC schedule. Having a CCG would have boosted their strength of schedule, but so would actually scheduling quality teams.
You could be right, and it is an interesting discussion. I do recall leading up to the selection, there was quite a bit of speculation about the B1G being left out due to the same reasons of SOS, and I also remember many people thinking that the SEC was going to have at least 2 teams in the playoffs. If I recall correctly, late season performances also played a major part, but I also believe they penalized the Big 12 for not having that extra game. People will look to that first year for clues going forward, and regardless of how the decision making was reached, the fact remains that the 4 teams chosen came from the 4 major conferences that also had a conference championship game. The fact that OSU won it all, to me anyway, reinforces the idea that the top teams from each of the major conferences should get a shot. How that turns out this year, who knows. The Big 12 has to be concerned, and rightfully so.

It would have been interesting to see what the powers that be would have done if Oklahoma was one of the 1 loss teams in the Big 12... I have a hard time thinking they would have left them out, but I don't know. Especially if Oklahoma was ranked higher than Ohio State going into that final weekend.

Last edited:
AGree--I was in St Louis in 96 ---felt very confident--and I think our coaches were overconfident. Took some luck on the other team's part to say the least.

And half a team with the flu.

Why would K State want NU back? They sided and voted with Texas against NU. They wanted to be one Texas' little b_tches to despise NU. You made your bed with Texas who will now leave you for the Pac12. Frankly, I don't give a d_ m about K State little kitties.

The selection committee stated publicly before the beginning of the season last year that CCGs would play a significant role in the playoff selection process. Not having a CCG absolutely hurt the Big 12 and it will continue to do so. IMO the only way the Big 12 will ever get a team in the playoff is if someone goes undefeated. And you get one or two other teams from the other 4 conferences with a single loss. I could see the selection committee putting a 1 loss Texas or a 1 loss OU in the playoff over a 1 loss team from another conference regardless of a CCG. But any Big 12 team not named Texas or Oklahoma with 1 loss will have an uphill battle to make the playoff. Just my opinion.

The selection committee stated publicly before the beginning of the season last year that CCGs would play a significant role in the playoff selection process. Not having a CCG absolutely hurt the Big 12 and it will continue to do so. IMO the only way the Big 12 will ever get a team in the playoff is if someone goes undefeated. And you get one or two other teams from the other 4 conferences with a single loss. I could see the selection committee putting a 1 loss Texas or a 1 loss OU in the playoff over a 1 loss team from another conference regardless of a CCG. But any Big 12 team not named Texas or Oklahoma with 1 loss will have an uphill battle to make the playoff. Just my opinion.
IIRC.....it wasn't so much that they didn't have a CCG but also the fact that the big 12 named Baylor and TCU as "co-champions" rather than using their own tie breaker to determine a "true champion" in hopes of getting 2 teams in better bowls. However in reality it cost them big time.

So much for their motto......one true champion.

IIRC.....it wasn't so much that they didn't have a CCG but also the fact that the big 12 named Baylor and TCU as "co-champions" rather than using their own tie breaker to determine a "true champion" in hopes of getting 2 teams in better bowls. However in reality it cost them big time.

So much for their motto......one true champion.

I suspect, Texas told the Big12 to do this on purpose so as to avoid having a little step brother in the playoffs making them look bad. It could have also made Texas recruiting harder for the Whorns.

ADVERTISEMENT