6. Indiana (10-11) - at Iowa
6. Michigan (10-11) - vs. Rutgers
8. Purdue (9-10) - vs. Maryland
9. Nebraska (8-13) - vs. Michigan State
9. Northwestern (8-13) - at Minnesota
11. Ohio State (8-14) - Big Ten Season complete
12. Michigan State (7-14) - at Nebraska
13. Minnesota (5-16) - vs. Northwestern

- Maryland and Rutgers are tied in the race for the regular season championship and the tournament #1 seed. Maryland holds the head-to-head tie-breaker for the top seed

- Only Minnesota and Ohio State are eliminated from tournament contention. The Buckeyes' Big Ten season is complete, leaving seven teams to compete for the bottom four tournament spots

- Nebraska could possibly finish as high as the #5 seed with a sweep of Michigan State -AND- while Penn State, Indiana and Michigan are all swept -AND- Purdue loses at least twice

- Nebraska does not have tiebreakers with Indiana or Michigan due to losing both head-to-head series. Nebraska would possibly own a tiebreaker over Penn State.

- Nebraska's most-likely path to Omaha is to overtake Purdue. Purdue lost two league games this year due to weather. In order for NU to overtake Purdue: 1) Purdue loses two of three to Maryland and Nebraska sweeps Michigan State. Nebraska would end at 11-13 (.4583) and Purdue at 10-12 (.4545).... -OR- 2) Purdue is swept by Maryland and Nebraska takes 2-of-3 from MSU. Nebraska would finish 10-14 in that scenario (.4167) and Purdue would be 9-13 (.4091)......however, in this second scenario, Nebraska would also need Northwestern to not sweep Minnesota.

- Nebraska does own the tie-breaker over Northwestern as the Huskers have a better record against common opponents

My first thought is it’s highly unlikely this team will sweep MSU. But my second thought is that this season has been so stupid, that’s probably what will happen.
NU will complete the sweep just like they did against Indiana and Minnesota, wait...

I guess nothing will surprise me with as up and (mostly) down as the season has been. Maybe MSU will be completely packed in by this series.

Curious if they'll move Shay & Emmett up a day or if Frank goes Thursday followed by those guys. If that's the case, I like our chances of a sweep. Frank is always solid, Shay is a different dude at home & EO has been impressive minus the Minnesota game (which he threw on 1 less day rest).

Curious if they'll move Shay & Emmett up a day or if Frank goes Thursday followed by those guys. If that's the case, I like our chances of a sweep. Frank is always solid, Shay is a different dude at home & EO has been impressive minus the Minnesota game (which he threw on 1 less day rest).
A Frank/Brockett combo to start the series gets my vote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT