ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Baseball Championship Game: #3 Michigan 4-3 over #4 Maryland

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
Game was moved up to 9:03am CDT. I completely didn't catch the time change and will be late to the game, so if anyone wants to post updates, have at it.

qzYpNM6.jpg

Last edited:
I apologize for not updating as frequently today, there's been a steady drizzle, a gently breeze, and the coldest temps since the late Wednesday game.

KEY EVENTS FROM THE GAME:
Michigan's big 4th inning was jump started by a 1 on 0 out throwing error from 1 to 6 on the start of a double play and avalanched from there.

T7 controversy on ball/strike calls with MD at the plate, long and multiple protests by the MD coaches and players. They were bad and delayed calls.

T8 Cuas attempted to stretch a 2-out double into a triple and was thrown out at 3rd. Only 1 run scored instead of 2 as man orig in 1st didn't know Cuas was going to third as he rounded 3rd and didn't get home in time by a couple strides.

B8 1-on 2-out grounder to 2B couldn't complete the out as 2B slipped fielding the ball, but no further damage done after walking the next batter to load the bases.

T9 2-out rally for Maryland using a pinch hitter and two pinch runners plates a run after a failed 1-6 double play attempt, then a couple singles and a HBP loads the bases. Rain started coming down harder before F-7 ends the game.

Cronenworth has been nails for Michigan all week. Went 0-for-4 today but .389 at 2B for the tournament and made late pitching appearances in at least 3 of their 4 wins.

Cronenworth named MVP. Played 1B when Benedetti pitched in relief in addition to 2B and P.

Wow. Talk about a "meh" team getting hot at the right time. I'd say they had plenty of help from their opponents this weekend, too.

Reactions: sklarbodds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT