ADVERTISEMENT

Best Rewards Credit Card

dacred

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 11, 2002
I am looking to change credit cards and need some advice on who has the best rewards. I currently have a Cabela's card and have built up a nice balance to purchase some nice things. But, with both boys out of state, I am looking for a card that pays or can redeem points for airline miles. I did a search and it appears that Capital One Venture card is the best. I pay off my balance each month, so interest rate does not concern me. Just wanted some input from my Husker brethren.

I have two cards both from Chase (Marriott and Southwest) and pay them off every month. I get one free night each year on the anniversary on my Marriott VISA and I get 6,000 points every year on the anniversary of my Southwest VISA. Both have annual fees but the accrual of points more than offsets that for me.

I have a capital one venture for personal and one for business. No annual fee first year and 59 per card each year after. 2% return when "erasing" travel purchases. No airline or hotel restrictions just use the card for purchases and erase charge with points. Have never paid one penny in interest and redeemed over $6,000 in travel.

Would highly recommend.

Depends on what you like to use them for. I have a United airlines card-- it's $95 a year but I charge a lot and like to travel overseas so it really works for me. I also have a Holiday Inn card-- $49 a year but it gives you a free night every year at any of their locations, so that's a no-brainer. I stay at Marriott's more when I travel but there card is $89 and they limit their free night stay to the lower categories. Still not a bad deal but since I two travel rewards cards already a 3rd is hard to justify.

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card. Google it.

And for hotels, use hotels.com. If you travel a lot, you will accumulate free nights quickly, especially if you are booking for others.

I've had the Southwest credit cards for years. Haven't paid for a flight in about 12 years.

This is probably the best Cash Back rewards card...1% when you buy, 1% when you pay, so if you don't pay your balance off every month, it might not be the right one for you...no annual fee too....

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/detail.do?ID=citi-double-cash-credit-card

I currently have the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred Card...it's pretty decent, 6% back at grocery stores, 3% back at gas stations, 1% on everything else...which is decent - has a $75 annual fee.

But if I do the math on our monthly expenditures, we would get more with the CitiBank Double Cash card than with the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

I have the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred Card and a Chase Sapphire Preferred. Both have annual fees but good perks.

I have a Bank of America Visa, seems to be fine. I think most of them are about the same in terms of the percentage they give you. I know mine has a lot of special deals I could use for bigger percentages, but I pretty much never remember to.

As stated above, you don't get rewards points until you've paid the balance for that transaction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT