ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft info. QB's

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

My #1 scenario though is a CB + OT in the first two rounds(in either order) because the draft is deep at those spots and they are both major needs.
Would you rather have Drake or JJ? Also hearing Penix to the Raiders late 1st round. CB and OT sounds like what my Packers need. Cooper Dejean has been linked to the Packers in the 1st round if he falls. He can play Safety or CB. Kool Aid Mcinistry from Bama as well would be a good one. Can't go wrong with a guy named Kool Aid. Ohh Yaa!!

Last edited:
Would you rather have Drake or JJ? Also hearing Penix to the Raiders late 1st round. CB and OT sounds like what my Packers need. Cooper Dejean has been linked to the Packers in the 1st round if he falls. He can play Safety or CB. Kool Aid Mcinistry from Bama as well would be a good one. Can't go wrong with a guy named Kool Aid. Ohh Yaa!!
drake

Him and JJ are the two that are people are saying he could be a bust or he could be a steal. Will be interesting to see what happens with trade ups and downs. Bo Nix and Penix are also two wild cards.
i wouldnt move up to get either guy. They have too many other needs and i think Darnold in their system will be better than either this year

I'm with you on the not worth it moving up but you lost me on Darnold.
I think he’s going to have a better offensive coordinator than he’s had other than at SF. Good heavens they made Dobbs look good for a couple of games. Darnold has all the tools and I’m hoping he finally has the mental part of the game figured out. I would take Maye but I wouldn’t give up both first round picks to get him and I think that’s what it will take.

I still think Stidham can play. Wish the Raiders would have kept him.
I think you’re right. I just think trying to rejuvenate a former first round QB from a bad team might have a better chance of success that trying to play a rookie QB you reach to draft in many cases. The exception of course was the Texans last year but many of us thought he was the best QB available.

Skins fan. Interested to see how the new regime handles the draft. #2 pick obviously, but 7 in the top 105 or so. Draft as much talent as you can, or leverage some picks for more value? If I was a GM I'd skip drafting early qbs 90% of the time, and make the roster one an established qb would want to come to.

Reactions: HBK4life
Low risk move for Denver…swapping late round picks and getting the former 2nd pick overall…if I were to make a wager, I probably wouldn’t bet on Wilson having some sort of career renaissance but Payton probably views it as a project worth taking on…kid had raw talent coming out of BYU…hopefully it allows the Broncos to move down and acquire more draft capital…if they really like Nix
or Penix, they can grab one of those 2 later in the first while still adding more picks

Skins fan. Interested to see how the new regime handles the draft. #2 pick obviously, but 7 in the top 105 or so. Draft as much talent as you can, or leverage some picks for more value? If I was a GM I'd skip drafting early qbs 90% of the time, and make the roster one an established qb would want to come to.
you've got it backwards. in the NFL, everything starts and ends with the QB. players are more likely to be attracted to a situation with a great QB. per Superbowl wins, that QB likely needs to be drafted by the team.

it's really rare teams win Superbowls with QB's they acquired in free agency. The exceptions over the last 20 years include Brady, Manning, Brees, and Stafford. Brady being the GOAT, Manning being carried by arguably the greatest defense of all time, Brees being a rare reclamation project, and Stafford being part of a full farm sale by the Rams. Regardless, HoF QB's are rarely free agents/available for trade.

you've got it backwards. in the NFL, everything starts and ends with the QB. players are more likely to be attracted to a situation with a great QB. per Superbowl wins, that QB likely needs to be drafted by the team.

it's really rare teams win Superbowls with QB's they acquired in free agency. The exceptions over the last 20 years include Brady, Manning, Brees, and Stafford. Brady being the GOAT, Manning being carried by arguably the greatest defense of all time, Brees being a rare reclamation project, and Stafford being part of a full farm sale by the Rams. Regardless, HoF QB's are rarely free agents/available for trade.
Brady also being a 7th round pick. The amount of money and wasted draft picks on top 5 drafted qbs is insane.

So we finally got an answer on what "all in" means...."We're all in in the young guys, we're all in on the draft".

.....what a relief, cause I was starting to think Dallas wasn't even going to try and draft good players. Clears it all up.

What a freaking bozo who can't get out of his own way. .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT